Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mmorpg

Case Wizard

Default Re: Mmorpg

I avoid most of the MMORPG games because there is a monthly charge. I did play Guild Wars and started up again on it with a new character (Missed last weekend of being able to test the new characters).

if the DnDO has a monthly charge then I will pass on it, even tho I do like NWN and TOEE.

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by Smitten
    I've been beta testing DnDO since last october. its not really that bad of a game; many similarities to others, but you cant make a new game and have it be nothing like any other game. its very much party related; hard to solo most quests, if down right impossible. and yes, the zones will be instanced like GW; the main zone being the City itself, which is huge!
    the one thing that does make it different than other games i've played is you dont get experience from killing mobs, so no grinding. your experience is gained from completing objectives in quests; main objectives and optional ones. if you enter an instance and fail to complete the quest, then you're out of whatever items you used while in there and still no higher on leveling (this goes back to the needing a party i mentioned).
    i think it will be a great addition to the mmorg community, but may not take off well due to their idea for small server bases (1000 users per server, way too small for my tastes). i also hope it doesnt get ruined by the 3rd party companies out there that sell game cash for real cash. its ruined many a game in my opinion, but that's for another topic.

Yeah, Turbine knows a thing or two about how third party software and goldfarmers can ruin a game. Trust me. I played AC1 for many a year.

Eh my opinion used to be like rankephile's until I actually gave an mmo a fair shot. When you realize everything you really get out of an mmo for 15bux a month or whatever it happens to be and when you realize how much fun it really is you realize how narrow your point of view was before.....or at least that was my experience.
    My advice...give it a fair shot (say 2 months) before you knock it just because of a monthly fee....

Fresh Paint

I played EQ for quite a few years... Took some time off played Star Wars Galaxies for about 3 months then went back to EQ.. Sold my account (twice actually) then picked up EQ2.. It sucked so I picked up Matrix... It was even worse so I quit playing games all together and got back into webdesign.. Now I finally caved again and picked up WoW.. if anyone is on Thunderhorn server look me up.. Iwishi

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhyn
    Eh my opinion used to be like rankephile's until I actually gave an mmo a fair shot. When you realize everything you really get out of an mmo for 15bux a month or whatever it happens to be and when you realize how much fun it really is you realize how narrow your point of view was before.....or at least that was my experience.
    My advice...give it a fair shot (say 2 months) before you knock it just because of a monthly fee....
    Hey, I'm not knockin' MMOs, by any means. I playe AC for a long time, I've played CoH, PlanetSide, ShadowBane, EQ a little, and am now deeply entrenched in WoW, for good or ill.

I was just pointing out that Turbine knows how quickly 3rd party programs and farmers can ruin a game, and that they will probably be on the look-out for such things in DDO, as Smitten was expressing concern about it.

Case Wizard

Ok I was invited to play City Of villians and now I own it as it is like Crack and was hooked right away.

I am mainly on the Chapion server and willing to join most teams as I feel that is where you get more XP and things are a bit harder.

Anodized

WORLD OF WARCRAFT ive found free servers were you dont have to pay monthly email me if u want to learn more

ATX Mental Case

Cool I sent you a PM Hasbios! Does anyone know how much WOW costs to play online? Or does it vary depending on what server you play on!

Rankenphile

$14.95 per month US. Not sure how much it is in the UK. But it is a flat fee, not a "per server" charge.

does anyone like FFXI?? i play it non stop most of the time!! if you do PM me!
    All your base are belong to us.