Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I propose a TBCS TGIMBOEJ!!!!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default I propose a TBCS TGIMBOEJ!!!!

A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends and members of the community who you otherwise may not get a chance to interact with. It is also a great way to get cool components and other electronic stuffs that you might find useful where as the person who put it in the box had no use for. I mean I have a junk box full of electronic components both used and unused and all kinds of other goodies and I am sure others on here do to.

We could throw in things like heat sinks, spare modding supplies, wire, leds, case screws, external ports, etc. I think this would be an awesome project for us to get going.

So what is the official definition of a Tgimboej? Here is the official answer straight off the official site.

The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk is a progressive lending library of electronic components. An Internet meme in physical form halfway between P2P zip-archive sharing and a flea market. It arrives full of wonderful (and possibly useless) components, but you will surely find some treasures to keep. You will be inspired look through your own piles, such as they are, and find more mysterious components that clearly need to be donated to the box before it is passed on again.

The rules.
    Recipient Conditions for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk:

1. Take out and add as much electronics junk as you like (but keep it small enough to fit in a USPS flat-rate Priority Mail box or the equivalent for your postal system).
    2. Write up, photograph, document or otherwise publish in some way online at least one thing you took out (suggested flickr tag: TGIMBOEJ, see also: flickr group ). ****I Use my blog http://cjganttphotography.com/blog****
    3. There is a little book in the box. Add a checkmark by your name to show that the box has been to you. Also propose a future recipient by adding their name and e-mail address to the book.
    4. Within two weeks pass the box along to one of the people whose name is in the book. Before mailing it to them, send them this list and make sure that they want to participate.

More info on other Tgimboej's that are circulating around the world can be found here. http://tgimboej.org

I know cost would prohibit the sending of the Tgimboej across the pond to our foreign friends but they could start one too. There is no limit as to how many boxes we can start.
    So if some people want to do this I am more than willing to start it and over see the project.

Default Re: I purpose a TBCS TGIMBOEJ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends and members of the community who you otherwise may not get a chance to interact with. It is also a great way to get cool components and other electronic stuffs that you might find useful where as the person who put it in the box had no use for. I mean I have a junk box full of electronic components both used and unused and all kinds of other goodies and I am sure others on here do to.

We could throw in things like heat sinks, spare modding supplies, wire, leds, case screws, external ports, etc. I think this would be an awesome project for us to get going.

So what is the official definition of a Tgimboej? Here is the official answer straight off the official site.

So if some people want to do this I am more than willing to start it and over see the project.
    Love the idea. Shipping costs though. I would be willing to chip in though. We should send it international around the world and back. Therefore, it would be the first migratory box of electro junk to circumnavigate the globe.

Oh, and its propose.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Cool. I'd be in for it. Maybe a flat large rate box, instead, though.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Thats the idea of a USPS flat rate box. Its a set fee no matter how much weight is in the box. I shipped one out the other day full of wedding albums and prints and it only cost me 8 bucks despite weighting 12+ lbs.

A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends
    First sentence guys.... LOL

I just sent CHIMAERA a huge box of stuff over 13 LBs, from the US to canada, was about $40. Don't use UPS or fedex to ship packages worth much internationally, because they charge the person that it's shipped to insane fees.

I fixed my previous post. I meant to say large flat rate box.
    Help my mini city
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.

I am already putting a box together. It will take me a few days to get it all together but I am sure someone will find something useful. Teaser: The pile already contains LEDs, Soldering supplies, and a heat sink. Much more will be added. Maybe a capacitor charging circuit with capacitor for a coil gun project.....

I am already putting a box together. It will take me a few days to get it all together but I am sure someone will find something useful. Teaser: The pile already contains LEDs, Soldering supplies, and a heat sink. Much more will be added. Maybe a capacitor charging circuit with capacitor for a coil gun project.....
    I'll be the first person to take it. I've got quite a bit of stuff to get rid of, myself.
    Help my mini city

Maybe I will start a thread with a list of who is getting it and who has gotten it.

We could probably keep it going indefinitely.
    Help my mini city