Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Classes...

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Online Classes...

Does anyone else here think that vBulletin is a great alternative to Blackboard and that regular email would be better than Campus Cruiser? Just a 1am rant because I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Default Re: Online Classes...

I hate Blackboard and Novell email, that's what our school used and I don't know why. It sucks crack.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

My highschool had Novell... I don't see the point of it as they didn't use it for anything.

Kanpuz Kroodzorr really is awful. I think my password is a 1.2tb encryption key for some idiot's home network or something, lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah. They don't even put your teacher(s) or classmate(s) in your contacts for you. You have to search through a bigass list thing that doesn't work, lol. So basically you're screwed.

not a fan of blackboard either.

on the topic of online classes, has anyone here done any online degree programs? I am about () that close to dropping out of my uni and going to university of phoenix or something. I knew a guy who was doing pretty well for himself who had a University of Phoenix degree, he really liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

We use blackboard and webct. They both suck but Blackboard gets a little easier over time. I agree though, I never check my student e-mail then I get in trouble for it lol.

Swinburne is using blackboard, it's easy to use if your lecturers are computer literate...
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I seem to have a couple computer-literate teachers this time. My Environmental Biology teacher seems like he really knows how to teach. On my reading assignment he pointed out the chapters that weren't worth really reading and others that we need to pay special attention to. I'm excited. Time for me to learn something!

We have WebCT (now WebVista) and our own in house web email program at the University of Minnesota (called GopherMail, based off of Prayer which is GNU GPL software). GopherMail works well (though I just use Thunderbird via IMAP for my campus e-mail), WebVista not so much. I have to +rep anyone who has to suffer through WebCT/WebVista/Blackboard as I do (submitting an assignment in IE7 through WebVista at the moment because it hates Firefox ).

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol
    I think I may need to sig-quote that

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    I think I may need to sig-quote that
    Do it.

(submitting an assignment in IE7 through WebVista at the moment because it hates Firefox )
    I hate that too. stupid webCT. don't have a course this semester that uses it thank goodness, but I have in the past and its the biggest pain to get things to submit. especially if you forget about the whole, I hate firefox thing. annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER