Thread: Question about ie 7

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Default Question about ie 7

i was downloading some older podcasts today it will only let me download 2 at a time is this a ie7 thing or something to do with the website i googled it but all the websites that came up i have never heard of i trust the guys here more iknow i ask a lot of questions i guess i thirst for knowledge lol . any tips appreciated

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Question about ie 7

The real question is why are you using IE 7? Download Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.

Firefox: The Tank; Well defended and armed to the teeth as far as web browsers go, although a bit slower than other browsers.

Chrome: The F1 Race Car; Fast as lightning but lacking add-ons and extensions, although some say its simplicity is its strong point. (which I agree with)

Safari: Meh, its alright. Pretty nice looking, fairly fast, some alright features, etc.

I believe it has to do with the website that you are downloading from. But it could be something to do with either Windows or the internet browser. Not really sure to be honest. But my guess is that it has to do with the website. Having multiple downloads per user probably puts some sort of undesired load on their servers or something. Maybe try looking into torrents.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

if i open the browser again i can download two more i will look into other browsers though thanks

i think your limited to a set number of connections per instance so you can some times download LOADS of files at any one time, but other sites that allow multipul connections you can some times only download 2 files at a time.

where as firefox your connection limit is set to site connections, downloads are limited to about 3 from any one site.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

This has been a problem with IE for quite a while. Here is a link from Microsoft that will let you increase that number.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282402

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot all some good info here +repto all