Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internal Blu-Ray Player **Cheap!**

Custom Title Honors

Default Internal Blu-Ray Player **Cheap!**

90 Big ones at Newegg!

Searched Blu-Ray, then did a sort by best rating. This one is at the top.

Link- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827106270

Here's the link to the Newegg page with the list from Best Rating down. There are actually a few under $100.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TabStoreType=0

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Internal Blu-Ray Player **Cheap!**

Oh heck yea! Only $99.99! Pretty damn nice looking too!

When did Blu-Ray get so cheap? I must of asleep or something. lol

Although kind of pointless for me. Yay, Netflix! ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Oh heck yea! Only $99.99! Pretty damn nice looking too!

When did Blu-Ray get so cheap? I must of asleep or something. lol

Although kind of pointless for me. Yay, Netflix! ^_^
    Netflix sends you Blu-ray players along with blu ray discs?!?!

Ohh... hmm I am just about to buy a full HD monitor for my computer, use it more for media so full HD all around would be a plus. As for why did it get cheap, all tech like this gets cheap after it catches on, I remember when CD burners (not even read DVD) cost this much or more.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Anodized

It's very tempting for me to buy, I need to replace my dead CD Drive, DVD Drive works great, but would be nice to have Blu Ray. But only $10 off so I'll just wait and see how my new monitor looks and if I'll use that for movies instead of my TV..

Be careful when buying the bd players for Pc's. The software coding for them sucks still. Cyberpower and Nero are still trying to catch up to the tech. At least thats what Ive read.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

what about this?

EDIT: Sold out.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Okele View Post
    Be careful when buying the bd players for Pc's. The software coding for them sucks still. Cyberpower and Nero are still trying to catch up to the tech. At least thats what Ive read.
    Is it the burning that sucks or the reading? I would love to get one but probably wouldn't use it for anything other than watching a bluray or two on my pc.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

Quote Originally Posted by luciusad2004 View Post
    Is it the burning that sucks or the reading? I would love to get one but probably wouldn't use it for anything other than watching a bluray or two on my pc.
    I tried to find the reviews I read on Newegg and they were either gone or out dated. The problem seems to mostly be the fact that not all Video cards are HDCP compliant. What does this mean to most folks? It means that to get that 100.00 bluray player to work you also need to spend a minimum of 100+ or more on a video card.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Okele View Post
    I tried to find the reviews I read on Newegg and they were either gone or out dated. The problem seems to mostly be the fact that not all Video cards are HDCP compliant. What does this mean to most folks? It means that to get that 100.00 bluray player to work you also need to spend a minimum of 100+ or more on a video card.
    Ah crap i forgot about that. So i would need a blu ray drive, a new graphics card most likely, and probably a new monitor? I hate DRM so much right now lol.

I'm almost positive that my new monitor isn't HDCP compliant since we tried it with my buddies hdmi->dvi conversion cable on his ps3 and it wouldn't recognize my monitor. The sad thing is i just got the thing a few months ago. You would think they wouldn't want to screw consumers like that.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.