Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with iPhone plz.

Default Help with iPhone plz.

Well i just got an iPhone from a buddy of mine who could no longer afford the huge bill. I swaped SIM cards and now its mine. I wrote down his contacts and notes and such. Now i want to put on wallpapers that i've downloaded but i cant figure out the instruction to do so. I have iTunes but there is no "Photo's" tab anywhere. I also downloaded PS Elements 7.0 and that wasn't any easier and lead nowhere.

I basically want to reset and wipe the phone clean but keep all the apps and games on it. He said he had spent about $400 on games and apps so i don't want to have to pay for them again.

Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Help with iPhone plz.

I dont have an iPhone but my brother does.. I can ask him about that if you want. Shoot me a PM with your email, and I can put you in touch with him.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

You should be able to install iTunes and then when you plug in the device it should Sync with your library and create backups of all of your stuff on the iPod, including Apps, onto your computer (So if you do a reset or something you won't have to pay for all your stuff again). Thats what my iPod Touch does anyways. If it doesn't do that, then maybe you can check the settings in iTunes or something.

The only problem that I can foresee is that your computer won't recognize the iPod as yours, and therefore not backup the data. But your friend should have all the data on his computer, so maybe there is a way to copy it over or something if this problem occurs.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/

maybe this site will help ya...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Well, i've got myself into a pickle. I backed up the phone and reset it to factory settings. Changed my info and whatnot, now i cant make an itunes account. it wont accept either of my moms credit cards, keeps saying the 3-digit security code is invalid when its not. So i said to hell with it and tried to back up the phone to my friends settings. Now that i have changed the owners name on the phone i can no longer back up with his info.

Apparently lots of other people are having problems with the security code. I read on the apple site that there is a way to make an account without a credit card. I guess this is for americans only because the options just aren't there when i do it.

Can an american check itunes and report back if there is a payment method for "paypal" or "none". I might have to get someone to make me a free account.

This is such a headache because apple doesnt let me download anything without an account. Even the free apps.

F#@% Y@# Apple!!!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I would, but I really don't feel like downloading and installing itunes on my computer.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

he's right, in iTunes tehres a tab that says photos when you click on your phone on the left side. Then you choose what photos you want

I had a bitch of a time with iTunes, when I had to reformat my HDD, all my purchases were gone and I'm not paying for them again, and I can't find where/how apple stores them so I cant back them up

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Everything bought should be on record at apple in your account. My wife killed her desktop and I was able to move most of the files to the server, but anything I missed was on the iTunes store.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    and I can't find where/how apple stores them so I cant back them up
    Its usually under My Documents > My Music > iTunes. Although mine only has my apps and not my music now.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I would just contact Apple support directly and ask them to help you out. They'll be able to walk you through this and answer any questions for you.

If I'm not mistaken, when you change owner on a device, the previously purchased apps/music are tied to the user account, so you would lose access to them. At least that's what happened when I got an iPod touch from a friend; he had it full of music and apps, and when I tried to sync to my PC, it wanted the itunes account info because it was a different PC. I had to setup my own, then I lost all his apps.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro