Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I like to Mod :D

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: I like to Mod :D

I've never modded either... I have some ideas just not the patience, tools, or practice to do so. Well I could make a wood case as my dad has a ton of woodworking tools. Ooh! Reminds me that I plan on designing and building a really nice corner desk with my dad within the next few months. It's gonna be sweet, I'll be sure to post pics.

/slightly OT

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Finished two, waiting for cash to finish the third
    Will

I'm going to say that I have done 4 mods for now. I have a whole lot in the pipe (I wish I had the money to retire), and will hopefully get to do them all one day.

ATX Mental Case theshoeshineman's Avatar

I have built hundreds of PC's but I havn't moded any yet.

First project is a scratch build which was started in Oct '08, but it looks like it's going to be one of them ongoing ever changing projects.

I have some parts for another mod but nothings gotten past the "ideas" stage.

Crenn I can't remember if your from SA or not but I can chuck some 2nd hand parts your way.
    Visit my website: http://djcassar.com
    Scratch build: The Cube
    Sure we would all love "real friends", but honestly whats the chances of that happening?

1 3/4

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

technically finished one (my TT Armor case with some cable management, CCFLs, WC, etc.) and 2 in the works now

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

I have some minor case mods from back with case modding was new (added a window/lights before they were stock)
    so 2 completed, one about 24% done (got packed up during the holidays and preparing for a baby) and starting a small cooling mod.

So only 2 ever finished.

2 personally, and about 5 for commision

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

How many have I half-completed? Err, six, I believe. Only one of which I've started a thread on here, and that one's on the back burner.

I suppose now that I actually have time, I should start modding more often again, and actually provide details...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

2 Scratch builds: Nightrain I and the laptop to SFF.
    1 Mouse mod: Project Alb Mouse

Nightrain I changing to N2 assuming I ever get a place to actually work and finish it. I will probably rebuild the SFF laptop too because I hate having the screen here put away and working and have no use for it, so it will probably go from an sff to an aio.

Now a completed worklog is a different story, as borrowing a camera just made it too difficult, among other things.

And Project Alb had a lot of progress that wasn't documented, and was almost finished actually. I went about trying to revive it and do it the way I originally wanted to a couple months ago, but while trying to de-rivet the case the poor XIONs crappy ass build quality succumbed to the power drill and received too many bends and whatnot at the joints.