Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Portable Apps?

Default Re: Portable programs?

Heh, one time a naive co-op employee plugged a U3 drive into the Exchange server here, and it promptly crashed. From then on we haven't let a single co-op or intern anywhere near the physical servers.

I have a 4GB Patriot XT and I have that thing LOADED with about 3GB of various portable diagnostic and cleaning software. It is really nice to have when you are sitting at a computer with dial up internet and a Pentium III proc that is receiving Antivirus 2009 popups...
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Portable Apps?

Be careful! Antivirus 2009 likes to jump on flash drives and infect the next computer you use it on

P.S. Malwarebytes is absolutely essential for this bug!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

So you're saying that when the USB drive is plugged into the computer and you restart it, it fails to boot?

If so, that's a semi-common problem with USB drives and USB devices in general. Some computers wont boot if anything more than a USB keyboard and mouse are plugged in. There is an explanation behind it, but I don't know it and just go by the general rule of, "If you don't need it on boot, don't have it plugged in."
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I'd recommend against U3, but portableapps.com has a great menu/etc, and is nice and easy to add your own stuff into their menu.

Ceedo looks promising too..

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro