i have put my 4870x2 aside until working drivers come out for it, turns out it has only been running 1 of the cores properly the whole time i had it so it was worse than a single overclocked 4870, i only found this out by having everest log the percentage of gpu1 & gpu2 usage and it never used gpu2.

sooo went a bit mad and pushed my priorities aside and bought a bfg gtx285 ocx, it completely outperforms my iffy 4870x2, it runs nice and cool and seems quieter, genuine 8800GTX replacement

just check out these temps now, they are not reading faulty neither, the air coming out the pull fan is quite cool, i use a lapped q6600 g0 my TRUE is lapped flat with push/pull fans and i put a rubber gromet and a penny inbetween the clamp and heatsink for a little added pressure.

overclocked my q6600 to 3.8ghz 100% stable with good temps , i'm lucky thou if i leave it at stock 2.4ghz it uses 1.2v, got it to boot at 4ghz but requires mad volts so not really worth it as i want to run it 24/7 for maybe another year.