Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Help. Cant view site from home.

Default Re: Help. Cant view site from home.

Even though I get this same router giving a "missing reverse DNS entry" I NEVER have a problem linking to the site.

Is there some other variable here at work? Like is it only certain telco's/internet services which are failing to connect?

Matthew

Custom Title Honors

Quote Originally Posted by OvRiDe View Post
    I am still working with the hosting company on this issue. If anyone is having this issue they have requested the following information...

Please provide us following information so that we can look into the issue further.

- Internet IP address of the problematic network that we can ping from outside network and the server. We need to check the logs on server for these IP address.
    - error message that users receive (screen shot of the browser window when user is facing problem will be helpful)
    - output of command "telnet www.thebestcasescenario.com 80 " form the computer on which user is facing problem.

If any of you that are having to use proxies to connect to the site would be so kind as to pass this info to me, it would be much appreciated!

I'll check or recheck this weekend and get you the results Monday when I can access the site again.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Custom Title Honors

IP- 98.144.40.140

Using telnet
    Command Prompt:
    C:\>telnet www.thebestcasescenario.com 80
    Connecting To www.thebestcasescenario.com...Could not open connection to the hos
    t, on port 80: Connect failed

Hyper-Terminal/TCPIP
    Unable to connect to www.thebestcasescenario.com port 80

Hope this is what you were looking for. I did forget to try IE though.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Thats perfect.. Thank you so much!

The hosting company has made some changes and have requested that any one affected, Please try to access the site, and let me know how it goes.

They are also investigating if it could be a DNS issue so they have requested the following.

To troubleshoot the DNS issue I will need a little more info. Could you please ask your customer to try the following commands via their command prompt:

nslookup
    >set type=NS
    >thebestcasescenario.com

and

nslookup thebestcasescenario.com

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Custom Title Honors

I will try this when I get home tonight.

Custom Title Honors

Hope I did this one right. Also tried it from IE 7 and it took me to a page with "related" search links.

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Hey guys...I talked to SgtM and I'm having the same problem as some of you. It started about a month ago...I can't connect to or ping the website...I can get to the site form work, or anywhere else really...just not my home pc. Here is a trace route from my home PC to thebestcasescenario.com (I blanked out my IP addy.)

There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

How many people is this affecting?

If it is just a few I would suggest you try a factory reset on your router as sometimes routers decide a website is spamming them. The other thing is to telnet into your router and check. I can't remember the exact details but I had this problem once with a router and one website. It turned out that the traffic from the site had been misinterpreted by the router and it was locking me out locally. This was after two weeks of working with the website to try and resolve the tech issue which looked very much like a router their end was blocking it.

CrazyB

Those are good thoughts, but this is affecting too many people and we've been desperately trying to get the hosting company to address it. It seems unreasonable to me that so many people are having the same issue with our site, and we have gotten fairly good indications that the problem lies in their DNS server. We are looking to find a more reliable foundation so individuals don't get this repeated problem.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri