Thread: Abstract TBCS wallpaper

Cool Abstract TBCS wallpaper

with a twist on my wallpaper i've made:

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Abstract TBCS wallpaper

Thats just what I've been looking for! Thanks mate! +rep
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

your welcome

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I've tried many things with TBCS logo and honestly, I can't put it anywhere. It's a good design but when it comes to actually advertising it such as on a wallpaper or signature, it comes off too... I don't know the word for it... Animated?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

i can remove it for you if you like and post it blank?

Hmmm, I think I know what Buzzkillington is talking about. The new TBCS logo has a tendency of not being able to blend in very well as a "watermark" or whatever you want to call it.

I think in this case a simple URL would suffice and look much better overall with the wallpaper. That, or maybe use the old logo design? You could probably just take the inner symbol, make it opaque and that would probably do the trick.

Actually, speaking of opacity, maybe thats the problem? It stands out a bit too much as it is right now. So maybe make it more opaque? or maybe make it smaller? or both?

Another thought would be to blend something in with the artwork. Maybe place the URL under and/or alongside, or even inside, one of the "bars". or something.

Just some friendly suggestions! I think it looks fine as it is now, this is just being nit-picky.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

updated versions based on sugestions:

1600X1200 jpg

1600X1200 JPG

Yep, I like that second one quite a bit more. (would +rep you again, but you'll have to settle for a thumb. )

What program did you say you use XcOM? I'll have to get it and start making my own! I can't do jack diddly in MS Paint! lol

gimp, was using 2.4, just upgraded to 2.6