Thread: 14 day Pirates of the Burning Sea trial.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default 14 day Pirates of the Burning Sea trial.

Originally, we only got 2 buddy keys per game purchased... then they handed out an extra 3 or something like that to help spread the game. They made a mistake and counted these keys as full payment so instead of sharing these keys, players put them towards their subscription OR created a 2nd freetrader account to produce more money for themselves. (only one freetrader per billed account).

Anyway, enough with the pointless history lesson...

They're now giving out free 14 day trials but beware... 30... three... zero... thirty hour patch on cable. Back when I played it, it was a great game though. I was a freetrader because I enjoyed the business roll in the game. The market can be brutal and if you're powerful enough you can really put a hurt to others pockets, societies, fleets, ports, etc... but that is also pointless information because there are limits!

# Trial accounts cannot generate unrest.
    # Trial accounts cannot accumulate personal unrest points.
    # Trial accounts may only build one (1) warehouse.
    # Trial accounts only have two (2) structure lots.
    # Trial accounts may not initiate direct chat (/tell) to anyone who has not already sent them a /tell.
    # Trial accounts may not send in-game mail.
    # Trial accounts may chat in local chat, group chat, and society chat, but cannot chat in any other chat channel.
    # Trial accounts cannot list items for sale in the auction house.
    # Some structures cannot be built by trial accounts.
    # Trial accounts cannot be promoted in a society.
    # Trial accounts cannot create a new society.
    # If a society only has trial-account members, that society is dissolved.
    # Trial accounts have a level cap at 12. They may not advance past 12.

A lot of bad news for this trial but if you're bored and you enjoy an MMORPG where you have to actually think, you may really like the game enough to buy it and really start having fun. My suggestion is start looking for a society ASAP.

EDIT: This would probably be useful... http://www.burningsea.com/pages/trialKeys/

Default Re: 14 day Pirates of the Burning Sea trial.

I got this for the girlfriend last year and she really liked it. She stopped playing though because she could only ever put a short amount of time into it, and the launcher and all that usually takes quite a long time every time you run the game. That and she is more of a single player type gamer.

So for her birthday this year I got her Sid Meier's Pirates! and she loves that.

Good find. Maybe I'll have another swing at it. I'm not much for the vehicle type mmo's though, which is what threw me off last time. I thought I could run around the lands burrying treasure and crap, but most of the focus is on the ships, which makes sense.