Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Some stuff to look forward to in the near future

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Some stuff to look forward to in the near future

I just read that article yesterday.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

It kinda hurts my eyes. I wish technology would slow down a lil' bit.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

I agree Prog. We've been grinding on technology in the wrong areas for too long and it's only going to continue... things are going to change too dramatically before the world is ready for it... self driven cars for example, where personally, I'm just fed up with updating every 6 months or so just to play the latest game.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Instead of more power perhaps we should go for greater efficiency. Especially with vehicles as our current ones are ungodly inefficient.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    I agree Prog. We've been grinding on technology in the wrong areas for too long and it's only going to continue... things are going to change too dramatically before the world is ready for it... self driven cars for example, where personally, I'm just fed up with updating every 6 months or so just to play the latest game.
    self driving cars are here, well in europe anyways. Top gear tested a BMW that, when trained, can race around a track by itself, and Mercedes put out a car that can maintain following distance and even go around corners on it's own.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Well, top gear has also tested those electric cars where you can change the shell on it in 20 minutes. They're here but wont be available for a long while.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    Well, top gear has also tested those electric cars where you can change the shell on it in 20 minutes. They're here but wont be available for a long while.
    I can't speak for the beemer, but you could go to a dealership in europe and get one of those mercs. And the beemer was just a street model with an extra system installed. Not nearly as far off as those cars with changeable shells (also, they were hydrogen powered, not electric, fwiw).

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I can't speak for the beemer, but you could go to a dealership in europe and get one of those mercs. And the beemer was just a street model with an extra system installed. Not nearly as far off as those cars with changeable shells (also, they were hydrogen powered, not electric, fwiw).
    Haha. The first thing I thought when I read "Merc" was "Mercenary." Shows you where my mind is ^^;
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

There are thoes cars that can parallel park on thier own, cant remember which make.

I read that entire article, there are some good things coming our way. USB3.0, mega-multi-core cpu's, ect.

The one thing that raised my eyebrow was the windows 7 sniplet. I think they should go for 128bit os's if possible. Why waste time on the obsolete 64bit stuff when you could really push the limits. Sure 64bit hasnt been around very long but lets take leaps and bounds instead of baby steps.