Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Water Cubed

Default Re: Water Cubed

Oh yeah, I have seen that dance floor before. That might just be the way to go provided the construction is not too complicated for me. I wonder though if I can get away with using so many LED's of different colors in such close quarters? Great resource though, thanks a ton Curtis!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

So are you at on this? Its been over a month.

I have no income. Without the money to buy the plexi and LED's, this can't go anywhere. So it's dead for now.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I have no income. Without the money to buy the plexi and LED's, this can't go anywhere. So it's dead for now.
    Do you want those LEDs? I have a bunch of red, green, white, blue, and orange LEDs.. they are yours if you want.

-Luke

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Wow, I love this pc. It is also completely made by hand which was pretty cool, but I have a few questions.

With one molex power cable do you think I can power two IDE drives, or would that not likely happen?
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Luke, sure free LED's is something I would never say no to. I'm not certain what type are best suited for this project but I'm sure I can make use of them one way or the other.

Knowledgegranted-Yes, you can splice in another molex plug in parallel and it should work fine provided you don't have too many other devices hooked up to the same rail.

Jon, I have some blue and UV's I can send you.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

What if you made a variety of molds, to simulate different "bubbles". Then take your pieces of clear plexiglass and get it hot so it forms to the molds. frost the backs of the pieces, the glue them in whatever (random?) panterns. Then take your led's and sand down the tops so the color makes the bubble glow. That should give each bubble a soft, even glow.
    Can't help too much with the controller aspect, though. I am trying to learn that myself. I'm sure there is a way to make your own....
    Mebbe check out http://theledlight.com They have some interesting stuff.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That is a very interesting idea Mark.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

OK,I have an idea for the lighting controller idea. read through it all before you start to laugh.

Lets say you want to use 3 Seperate colored leds. Red, blue and green. (Instead of RGB leds.)

Just buy some colored led christmas light sets. three sets of each color. and
    buy 3 sets of christmas lights that have the chasing pattern box on them. the kind that as 7 or 8 random styles of patterns like glow/ fade, flash, pulse etc. Most of those controllers control 3 different stands of lights. simply hard wire each lead of the controller to one strand of led christmas lights. one of each color. Just make sure you use a mix up the colors. Now you can also add some more variety by changing out some of the leds in each set for other colors.

If you do it right. you will have 9 total "zones" of light. each zone can be one of three colors, RBG. or it can be mix and matched if you swap out leds. Now when each controller is set to random mode. all nine zones will randomly light at different intervals giving a random color pattern, along with the colors mixing to form colors other than RBG.

Now just group one of each 3 rbg leds behind a frosted piece of plexi that is chambered off from the others and sand the leds so they diffuse the light.

that should give you a random light pattern that changes and alters constantly.

I hope that makes sense. It will be a tremendous amount of wire to hide!!! So good luck.