Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider CWC

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Knight Rider CWC

Ok here is goes again guys more pics. This time the wheel s came in and also the cover has been drilled for the fan screw holes. Also some new updated pics of the on going project.

Her goes get set

Here is a close up little blurey sorry.

New wheels. With this baby I will be riding less then 2" from ground level.

Here is the frame for the fiber glass.

http://images.mi-pcs.com/album03/New_toy_2_013?full=1

Time drill, oh yeah!

The AOC lable is going to have to go.

ATX Mental Case

Time to drill and sand some more.

Had yo countersink to make it look good.

Little mock up

ATX Mental Case

More hardware part two

G7 awsome mosue

7800GTX OMG you guys need one. They are awsome too.

This is what the chassis will look like when its painted.

This says Gamer all over it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR. wont post for anther 4 days or so so enjoy.

I forgot the new hardware: 7800GTX, G7 mouse, Fatal1ty heatsink was thanks to my new sponsor. Will explain that later kinda late for work. Also they sent over SONY MRD-V500J headphones too.

ATX Mental Case

THis is what happen when you here about modding. Til you become a modder.

LOL
    This is the that piece getting outlined for cutting.

AOC mid sanding

The one on the left it closer to being finished.

After cutting.

ATX Mental Case

Here is the new card. X1800 XT 512mb. What ever you do dont get this card. OMG so many driver problems. Even the modded drivers can fix. I will be more detailed of my problem at the bottom of this post.

Massive cooler. This card is like a nice wieght for arm curlels LOL

Here is the 1GB kit they sent over too. Now I have a total of 2GB of RAM. 2 Dual channle kits.

Sorry for it being blury. Now this is a BF2 gaming rig. 2Gb Ram, 3000+ at 2.5Ghz, 2x 120GB 8mb cache RAID 0, X1800 XT 512mb.

** Ok the main problem I had with the X1800 XT is while installing and also while trying to run a game in full screen. While installing the ATI driver it had problem and reset itself. Also after that was done and I did anther install it still was problamtic because of the full screen problem. The full screen problem is that when trying to run this card with any game I found so far, (Counter Strike sourcce, FEAR MP demo, CoD2 SP demo, and BF2) is the card while in full screen doesn't not post good FPS. I am getting about the same FPS as my 6600GT with same settings and res. Also the card will rest itself for no reason. The screen turns off then card powers up to full fan speed the screen turns on. The game will start to freeze up right before card resets. Then the game will close. While playing Counter Strike it gave me a Engine Error, when the monitor came on. The error said something to the effect of Failed to hock buffer to......

Also since I have a older apple monitor its a little dark so I need to turn up the brightness and gamma in the video controle panle. The ATI version has one for the game and one for the desktop. I set both to right setting so see all the detail witht this monitor and started the game. The game was dark so I alt+tabed out and reset the brightness and gamma. When I tabed back to the game the game fails. I was hoping to have a update up yesterday but the card was very stable with the ATI driver to the point the whole computer will reset while I am on the desktop. For now still I find a good modded 5.13 driver I will use my 6600GT. I am kinda wanting that 7800GTX now. That card was scalbale and worked fine. By fine I mean I finaly got to turn the games to max settings.

Marquee, you are amazing. Honestly, this is one of the nicest mods I have ever seen! The quality parts make it more than a mod because you use the bext components too! Excellent!

Should have got a 512MB 7800GTX instead

ATX Mental Case

I have had the x1800xt since christmas and have experanced no ploblems what so ever. if you are using the drivers from the CD try getting the ones from the website, it might help.

ATX Mental Case

@ Chris- Thanks man. I have got some more hardware that is hot end that you will like. By 8EST I will have the new hardware pics up and the new card.

@ Crenn- I would have got the 7800GTX 512MB if it had value. The 512mb is almost $1100 CDN. This is because that card is only made in low numbers. The X1800 XT performed better then the 7800GTX with 512mb because of the way the X1800 XT is made with a different architecture. The so called "architecture".

Number of 7800GTX 512w/mb

GTX VS X1800XT

@Exley- I understand for some people it worked fine but my system has slowly become a system filled with high end parts. When many high end parts come to gether some time they dont work well together. I am a hardware guy meaning I will experiment and will move around in the hardware brands but ATI for sure will need to work will its driver. So show you what I am talking about go to the contole panle for ati. go to color. Then set you gamma to like 1.8 and brightness too 11. That is what I did. Save it by pressing ok, or apply . Then go into a game. The brightness will go down to noralm again. Which is not suppost to happen. Any way the point is that the driver doesn't not fix enough of the problems with the X1800 XT. It focus more on the cards like X1600, X1700, and a little more on the X1800XL. I just feel at the time ATi's X1800 XT is not the best choice for my gaming rig. It sadness me to say this because I live a few km from ATi HQ. I should really call them up and ask them for a job to push there product. Because gamers need a midle man. Some one that can tell the large companies what they want. Like a driver that is nice.

Well I know I spelled alot of things wrong here but I am lazy to check it. With the clean install I have no MS word up yet.

updates coming soon.

nice mod, love how its coming togather.

oh, and 9800XT still pwns.