Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Knight Rider CWC

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Knight Rider CWC

hi to all . 1st sorry for my bad english, im spanish new modder. i like your modding very much. I love this colour is very beautifull. Come on to work i want watch more photos .

ATX Mental Case

Will do Cupra. I will have a new update for you tommorow.

Overclocked

What type of paint are you using. (I went throught hte post several times dont believe i saw u state what kind you were using.)

But yea man that paint looks so sick. I want to hook my case up witha nice paint job like that.

ATX Mental Case

Some might know that I bought anther HD. This time a Maxtor 200GB with 16mb cache. I had bought a Seagate 300GB 16mb cache and NQC but I thought it was a little out of my price range and needed to get something a little more cheaper. So I went for the Maxtor which was about $65CND cheaper.

This was my first idea. But I quickly after posting I found it wont work.

I used a Canadian penny for the rounded corners. The Canadian penny is about 3/4".

For the bigger corner I used a CD with a which is about 12cm.

This right after the first cuts.

Don’t worry it anit finished. It was to late to Dremel the corners down so I will hold that off for anther day. But its give you and idea of the shape of the window and the area it takes.

I love this angle on the case.

Later, folks. That’s all for now. I will be back maybe Friday night or Saturday night with anther update.

Fresh Paint

this very well.Which accessory of dremel you use to review the curves of the lateral one of the box?. I wait for more photos.It enchants to me.

ATX Mental Case

Today I had an idea. Well I had the idea a few days ago but didn’t start to sketch it up till today. The idea was to mount the switches under the frame and is a way that its not seen so much. I found a nice piece of metal sheet and started to draw more and more. Till I got this folding idea. But then again my corners are not perfect, nor the flat sides are not even because of my hammering. Well any way it looks bad but trust me with some grinding filling a black paint it will look nice.

Geting a feel for the size of the mounting bracket.

No you, are not looking at the Matrix, but the line I need to draw a nice perfect centre on the boxes.

Holes drilled, that was the easy part.

Looks very beat up and bad right. Gets worse.

These ares on both sides need to be trimed in order for the bracket to fit nice ly under the frame of the case.

This is the depth I want to mount the bracket at.

ATX Mental Case

Hey guys how you guys been. I am currently on my spring break and working around the clock on the modding. I have a few thing done and I think you might like them. I have been playing a lot of CS also. It helps me think. I all the action makes me think very good after ward.

Any way, in today’s update I have anodized the wheels. Primed the bottom frame. I was surprised to see I have no black paint at the moment. I am going to paint the black on and bake it to see the effects of the baking on normal paint. Then maybe the guide I am writing will be able to work with normal painting process.

I have also been thinking about wiring and how I am going to wire all the switches to the fans and the lights. I have also found a nice sized LED chaser that is pre-built. Its ment for cars and the size is small enough to fit in the front bezel. I think its about $30CDN. Little more then I want to spend for the LED chaser but hell it looks nice cause it has a black tinted plastic cover over the LEDs. I have not bought it just yet but will maybe some time next week.

As far as the baking guide goes I am going to release in two parts first part will be available in my work log but the second part will be available on the TTM site(first part will also be there too). And my guide is in no way perfect and it should be a follow-up read to MNPCTECH’s painting guide.

There is a 3 CD thickness between the bottom the switch box. With paint it will more to more like 2 CD thickness.

The switch box. I am going to candy red it to. I was going to paint it black but not no more.

Taking apart the Lain-Li wheels. Who knew there was so many parts.

Look at me I am a rock star ROCK ON

There are these small little things on the locking mechanism, you need to take them off, that cant be painted.

You need to take out the screw on this part too.

I started to tape things up. I found it hard to think of a way to cover were the plastic bearings go. After a few mins of thinking though I found this.

Put tape on the plastic part then insert.

Push on the plastic and pull on the tape

After paint I baked them to.

Fresh from the oven. Come and get... taste good too.

Tape off.

Oh looky, its a Canadian flag. LOL.

Fresh Paint

The pieces are precious. I love that color. Here in Spain they are not seen pc´s as the your.greetings.

ATX Mental Case

Marquee, why do you bake the parts after you paint them? Is it dangerous?

ATX Mental Case

dries faster?
    Optimist - The glass is half full
    Pessimist - The glass is half empty
    Engineer - The glass is twice as big
    Me - There is water in a glass, deal with it