Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of an Internal USB hub?

Default Does anyone know of an Internal USB hub?

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a USB hub designed specifically for internal case use? I have no free PCI slots available, and I want to avoid using a standard USB hub and using header pin to standard USB converter cables, because that just gets messy.

And no, I don't technically NEED all the USB ports working, bit it's something that bugs me. Any help would be appriciated.

No, but for the right price I can convert one for ya and send it to you. All I need to know is how many ports you need, if it needs to be (or can be) self-powered If not then do you have an extra Molex to connect to it.

If you want this done PM me and we can work the details out.
    I work cheep

Edited:
    Well, after rereading your post are you wanting somthing more along the lines these: http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/s...761&sk=MC51419
    or
    http://www.bcd2000.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=ST3504USB

There are things out there like that, as I have one similar to those, I'd look for a reputable reseller out there as well.
    Note I did not check the ratings of sites posted those were just the quick search turn ups.
    Last edited by Guttenaffe; 04-03-2005 at 02:16 PM. Reason: More Info
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

Actually, what i'm looking for is a fully internal hub, that goes from the motherboard header pins, but has additional motherboard style header pins for the output. So something like the board in there without the bay mount, and instead of the standard USB outputs, just several of the the five or ten pin header plugs.

I have plenty of extra molex plugs, both sizes (660w Enermax noisetaker), but it could be self powered. Would prefferably be USB 2.0 compatable though. As far as ports go, I currently have all 4 of the motherboard headers in use, with another 4 cables I know for sure I will want to run in. So at least 5.

How much would something like that run me?

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Kaolian
    I'm wondering if anyone knows of a USB hub designed specifically for internal case use? I have no free PCI slots available, and I want to avoid using a standard USB hub and using header pin to standard USB converter cables, because that just gets messy.

And no, I don't technically NEED all the USB ports working, bit it's something that bugs me. Any help would be appriciated.
    I went to performance-pcs and got a 4-port USB 2.0 PCI slot and I am modding it for the front of the case. I don't see why you couldn't
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

Default re

How are you geting the data from the card to the motherboard without using the PCI bus?

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Kaolian
    How are you geting the data from the card to the motherboard without using the PCI bus?
    There is no card, only a set of cables to go to the mobo.
    -=-=-=-=-
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

Depends on the amount of ports you want. As I said I can mod an external USB hub to work internally for you, if you don't know where to start. As I said I'll do it for a reasonable price.

Looking at about $30 for a normal 4port USB2.0 hub + $15 for Headers, labor, and other assorted parts (Molex housing, Molex pins, power plug, standoffs, and so forth...) + cost to ship it to you.

I’ll fully test it and guarantee my work and warranty my workmanship. If there is a problem from the manufactures end, well we’d be SOL since I’m sure we’d be violating their warranty, but when did ever stop modders?

I could build one from scratch but that would be about $200+ cause PCB fab cost me a lot with small orders unless your looking to have 50 to 100 of these things and it would take some time for me to design, route, get the boards out to process.

Edit: Deponding on how fast you want this there are cheeper hubs around online, but that increases the time for me to get it. Price from above is how much t would be to pick one up retail.

I can do the work on it the same day Recieve the hub and can send it out the same day if I get it before USPS/UPS/FedEx closes, or it would go out the next day.

A cheeper example from NewEgg:
    $11.99 + $.99 FedEx Saver Shipping = $12.98
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...183-101&depa=0
    Last edited by Guttenaffe; 04-04-2005 at 12:22 AM.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

any of these suit your needs?

Default re

My electrical and sodering skills are best described as "bad" so yes, that would be something I would definitly be interested in. I'll send you A PM or an E-mail here in a few minutes so we can figure out the details.

Zed - those would work, but I'm ideally trying to avoid using a bunch of bulkey converters.

Overclocked

This is what i was talking about.
    -=-=-=-=-