Page 1 of 151 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Report Spam Here

Default Report Spam Here

Report spam here by linking to the profile of the spammer, posting their name or linking to any spam post.

The moderators and admins will then quickly get things in order

CrazyB
    Last edited by Crazy Buddhist; 04-20-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: To make the thread make sense since it's name was changed

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Where has the report post button gone?

Jon sent me a PM a while back regarding reporting spammers...basically dont do it, he said they find them quick enough, so dont bother. He basically said the report post button is for regular posts that are unfit for the topic, albeit rude, etc

That one actually slipped a bit.. had 40 posts by the time I banned him. It's usually not that bad. For what it's worth, I was driving to work when you posted this.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

its ok, we'll forgive you....this time lol

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    That one actually slipped a bit.. had 40 posts by the time I banned him. It's usually not that bad. For what it's worth, I was driving to work when you posted this.
    I have had to place a filter on registration to my forums such that nobody with a @mail.ru email address can even register. I have a nice message that says "if you are not a spammer get a real email address and join".

However ... My original question remains unanswered .. there appears to be no report post button any more. Is there a preferred way to report posts other than seeing which mods are online and PM'ing them?

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I have had to place a filter on registration to my forums such that nobody with a @mail.ru email address can even register. I have a nice message that says "if you are not a spammer get a real email address and join".

However ... My original question remains unanswered .. there appears to be no report post button any more. Is there a preferred way to report posts other than seeing which mods are online and PM'ing them?

Matthew
    I disabled the "report post" system because it is not very useful. The only thing it does is send an email to all of the admins and mods who check the forums more frequently than their TBCS email. I can't remember the last time it was used for anything other than spam, so I don't think it was heavily relied upon for otherwise inappropriate posts. I think sending a PM to a mod is a good way to go for those.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Thanks for the clarification Jon

Yeah, I've used the report post button once to report an inappropriate post. Other than that I've just spammed all your inboxes with my spam reports. Sorry about that.

ATX Mental Case

What I've seen that people would use the report button, and feel it was necessary to tell the person that they reported them...

Remember folks.. this was the first spammer in probably the last 100 or so that got through and made a post. Right before posting this, I banned a 0 post spammer. Had a link in his signature. I really wish we could ban the .ru addresses, but it's not just them. A lot of these guys have gmail accounts now.