Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need help with home network

Default need help with home network

Hello i need help in making home network. I have 2 pc, old kasda KD318-MUI ADSL router and D-Link switch so i need to connect 2 pc so that they can share internet connection i managed to make lan but they cant be in the internet in the same time help please!!!!
    oh yea both pc-s running win xp

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Re: need help with home network

If the computers are close enough to the router get rid of the switch. From what I saw on the internet for that ADSL router it has 4 ports to connect with. That should get you going.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

it wont i try`d it it needs to put in router mode but i cant do it its ****ed up to go in router properties i need to type 192.168.1.1 but my web browser cant open it

Have you tried hooking a computer up through the USB and trying the ip that way? And I know you've probably already thought of this but is the router set to the factory ip?

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

i am just trying to connect pc-s with 2 utp cables to kasda but i dont think that this will work

and as i thought it didnt work omg i dont know what to do anymore anyone have suggestion

I've got nothing else. If I think of something I'll let you know. I'm assuming that the cables you're using work for the computers from the switch? If those work fine at the switch and not here I can't say bad cables. hmm I'll keep thinking of it.

nope i had configured pc-s and they can now share documents over my network places but cant use web and i tried to make lan server in cod 4 but other pc cant find it not even xfire can find it

ATX Mental Case theshoeshineman's Avatar

Make sure you have internet connection sharing turned on?

Also check the router and gateway settings, that there isn't anything weird setup in there.
    Visit my website: http://djcassar.com
    Scratch build: The Cube
    Sure we would all love "real friends", but honestly whats the chances of that happening?

oh i am noob at pc software i know more about hardware than software where can i find that