Thread: God bless the internet!

Default God bless the internet!

I have purchased off ebay, a birthday present for my friend in New Zealand.

It is a present which I don't have to pick up, I don't have to post, I don't even have to gift wrap it! The seller has promised to do all that for me, and even write a small note if I dictate what to write.

In fact, there's a good chance this gift will never even be closer than several thousand kilomiters away from me.

Bless the internet, which allows me to be thoughtful without lifting my lazy ass out of my seat!

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Re: God bless the internet!

how sweet lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Yes very thoughtful of you, so sweet and personal.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

The internet is amazing. I can order just about anything I want or need right here from my seat. Hungry? Domino's it is! Need a new book to read? Barnes and Noble here I come! Need something tech related? Newegg your my hero! Need protection against your every day zombies? Thank you Amazon!

The internet truly is amazing. It even offers a means to fill that empty hole in your heart every night after 10pm when everyone heads to bed. Erm.. I mean.. I'M ONLY HUMAN DON'T JUDGE ME! :p

I <3 Internet.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Sometimes I think that humanity is on the wrong path and that maybe we need to go back to an older way of living. That we need to commune w/ nature and live off the land. Slow down a little bit and do some things the old fashioned way.

Then i remember how much I love the internet and suddenly I don't care about any of that anymore.

I love the internet as much as my GF and i think she is fully aware of this fact.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

The internet is ok but having to wait overnight or two days for postage is annoying and it can be cheaper to go and drive and buy something then postage. But for many things it is good.
    Need a sig

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

Living in the middle of nowhere the internet is great for price comparisons and some shopping. I'll admit I do most of my christmas shopping online but it's really hard to buy gifts for the wife when she's always shopping with me.

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

i only order online if it is A: not avalible anywhere else.
    or B: cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!