Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are These Pieces Compatable?

Default Are These Pieces Compatable?

Updated At The Bottom!

I Am Building A Comp. With limeted Knowledge, So Some Basic And Primitive Advice Would Go Along Way With Me. Please Help A New Modder Out! Im Kind Of Strapped For Cash ATM So I Don't Want To Buy The Wrong Things. Also If You Have Any Suggestions On Better Things Then Do Not Hesitate To Tell Me.

Corsair CMPSU-1000HX 1000-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 140mm Fan, SATA-Ready, SLI Ready

EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Video Card - Superclocked Edition, 1GB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, FREE Special Edition EVGA Precision Overclocking Utility, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV

EVGA nForce 790i SLI FTW Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 790i SLI, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID, eSATA

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Processor - BX80569QX9770, 45nm, 3.20GHz, 12MB Cache, 1600MHz FSB, Yorkfield XE, Quad-Core, Retail, Socket 775, Processor

OCZ SLI 2048MB PC16000 DDR3 2000MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)
    Or The
    Patriot Viper Tri Channel 6GB PC12800 DDR3 Memory - 1600MHz, 6144MB (3 x204

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 32MB, SATA-300, OEM
    Despite your intelligence, you値l make a perfect soldier. Save the good ones for Harvard, and send the rest to die.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Are These Pieces Compatable?

You could go Nehalem. I don't think the price difference would be too great. If I wasn't at school right now, I would finf the parts for you, but your current list looks decent. If you use a Nehalem CPU, get the patriot RAM.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    You could go Nehalem. I don't think the price difference would be too great. If I wasn't at school right now, I would finf the parts for you, but your current list looks decent. If you use a Nehalem CPU, get the patriot RAM.

Thanks For The Advice But What Exactly Could You Tell Me About Nehalem? Also It Is Cheaper Than The Quad Core.
    Despite your intelligence, you値l make a perfect soldier. Save the good ones for Harvard, and send the rest to die.

its really important to define what the comp is used for very first thing.

another good idea is to mention if you would like to start off with a good platform so you can upgrade later on or will you probably leave the comp the way it is for a long time

1 important thing is your budget and LCD size.

It Will Mostly Be Used To Game And Surf The Web. I Am Planning To Keep It The Same For A While. And Mostlikley Two 19" Screens. Also Budget Does Not Really Matter, Because This Is Just Ideas For A Computer.

Blast from the Past

Well, the first check is what operating system are you using?

If it's vista, you need to do your homework and see if that hardware is compliant with Vista.

If no Vista for you, you should be fine...

Anyways, check the motherboard first, and make sure that it has the proper ports for the rest of the hardware--that the mobo socket fits the processor and what not; after that, make sure in the motherboard's manual, which can alot of the times be found on the manufacturer's website, that the mobo supports the other hardware you want to use, if it might need a newer BIOS, etc...if all of those components are supported by the mobo, I think you might be set.

Jax

I knew the game was up when he played the Jack of Spades...

That patriot memory is nice, but I think you would have to have an x58 board to run it since it is tri-channel.

Asus Rampage II Extreme Motherboard - Intel X58, LGA 1366, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFire Ready, SLI Ready, Dual Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, Firewire, USB 2.0, Serial ATA, RAID

Corsair CMPSU-1000HX 1000-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 140mm Fan, SATA-Ready, SLI Ready (Any Better Ideas For The PSU?)

Killer M1

EVGA GeForce GTX 280 Video Card - 1GB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, FREE Special Edition EVGA Precision Overclocking Utility, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, Dual VGA Support

Patriot Viper Tri Channel 6GB PC12800 DDR3 Memory - 1600MHz, 6144MB (3 x 204 (Planning For 2 Sets Of These, 6 Sticks Total)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 32MB, SATA-300, OEM

Intel Core i7 965 Processor Extreme Edition BX80601965 - 3.20GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, 6.4GT/s QPI, Hyper Threading, Quad-Core, Bloomfield, LGA 1366, Unlocked Multiplier, Retail, Processor with Fan

I Am Not Sure If I Want VISTA Or To Stay With The XP Generation. So Senior Modders Advice Is Needed. I Don't Want Personel Experience, I Would Like To Know Which Would Be Better For This Computer. Also Having A Hard Time Picking Out A Case!

Total Cost: 3039.93 (Without Tax)

Quote Originally Posted by walterbieber View Post
    It Will Mostly Be Used To Game And Surf The Web. I Am Planning To Keep It The Same For A While. And Mostlikley Two 19" Screens. Also Budget Does Not Really Matter, Because This Is Just Ideas For A Computer.
    The comp you picked is quite a bit of overkill for what you want. A dual core would be plenty (AMD or Intel) If you are new to OCing and arent planning on it than an AMD X2 6400 would be fine.

If you use a 32bit OS than 2 gigs of memory would be fine. Right now there are some excellent values in hardware (ATI 4830s are one a pair in Crossfire kicks ass)

You should be looking at $1200-1500 range.

One other point is a case, what is your style? Plain, elegant,flashy?

Killer M1 is a waste of money

Well The "Style" I Want For The Case Is Like A Sleek And Elegent, Black Case. Also I Want This Comp. To Be The Best Around, So It Needs To Be Capable Of Runing The Latest Games On Full Settings. Why Is The Killer M1 A Waste Of Money? Why Is This Overkill?