Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Road Truckers

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Ice Road Truckers

Any fans of Ice Road Trucker here? I am currently watching the second series after over the past year or two having watched the first series maybe two or three times. It is such a great show with high production value, really interesting characters, amazing location and if you like heavy machinery then you will love this show. If you havn't watched it go and check it out!
    Need a sig

Default Re: Ice Road Truckers

Yep, it's actually really educational seeing as all of those mine sites are our clients. We send consultants out there regularly

Its pretty good.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

at first I thought OMG its another silly worthless show than I took a few min watching it and was hooked. Talk about living on the edge day to day..

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Hey yeah i really enjoy it also i hate that alex got sick he was my favorite .
    Have you checked out AX Men it comes on the history channell also i really like it a lot too

I kinda liked the king crab guys too but I think I liked it cos I only saw like 3 episodes, apparently it's onto its 4th season or something and ppl are getting sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymae View Post
    I kinda liked the king crab guys too but I think I liked it cos I only saw like 3 episodes, apparently it's onto its 4th season or something and ppl are getting sick of it.
    Thats another show I have seen a few of and I must say I would never want to hang out with those guys but that show highlights how hard some people have to work to make a buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Scope_99 View Post
    Hey yeah i really enjoy it also i hate that alex got sick he was my favorite .
    Have you checked out AX Men it comes on the history channell also i really like it a lot too
    I am afraid to watch it and get hooked.. I finally got myself away from watching TV and now I find myself being pulled back

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Yeah, good show, amazing how they make the road at the start of each season, and the loads they take, some guy was carting someting like 37 000 pounds on a road made of ice! cant imagine doing that myself, but then again, they make a years pay in 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

I like the show. It's just amazing how they can drive fully loaded trucks on the ice. I think it'd be something to drive one of those roads but I'd never be able to do it in a loaded semi. I could in maybe an F-550 but that'd be about the biggest thing I'd be able to do it with.

Ice roads are pretty common in Northern Canada. I've actually driven across lakes with a F350 pulling a trailer; not as risky as it sounds, due to the ice being anywhere from 2-4 ft thick on the lake that I was at. (McBride, NE Saskatchewan)

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro