Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Router Bad?

Default Router Bad?

This just started happening recently. I been losing internet connection alot.The modem says i have it. The only way i can get the internet back is if i unplug router, which makes the internet go back instantly. Does the router need replacement?

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Router Bad?

I was having this problem a lot recently. It turns out that constantly streaming data through the router (such as torrenting) causes it to mess up.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

When I've been torrenting for a few days, the internet gets really slow, even after I stop.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I actually set it to alternate hours for when it seeds/downloads, hopefully this solves the router crashing and slow internet problems.

If you are using wifi on your router, try changing the channel that the wifi is broadcasting on. I've had similar issues when channel conflicts were present.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

The connection will go out while none of the computers are on also(so it wouldn't be streaming data)
    My PC is direct connect.
    And the weird thing is that the PC says i have internet but I really doesn't.

It happen today, got home from school, PC says i have internet , but not connecting, i went upstairs unpluged the Router then plugged it back in, i got internet back.

[Luke122]If you are using wifi on your router, try changing the channel that the wifi is broadcasting on. I've had similar issues when channel conflicts were present.

how would i do this? go into router settings?

If it's a wifi router, then in the settings on the router (through the web interface, where you do all settings) look for wireless settings. There's something there called CHANNEL which is the frequency range it broadcasts on. Most are set to 6 by default, so try bumping it up or down to another channel. There's no benefit to running it on one channel or another (no speed gains), but it's good to try, since too much stuff on one channel can cause issues.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    too much stuff on one channel can cause issues.
    I had a friend that tried setting up his wifi by himself then called me when he was only getting sparatic connections. Went in, changed the channel cause 4 other networks in the building were using the same one and he hasn't had trouble since. But you said you were direct connected so changing the channel won't help you there. If you do have wireless check your connection log in the router settings and see if someone has cracked you password and is taking up all you bandwidth.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Dlink routers are notorious for locking up with too much interference.. a router crash would affect wired clients too. If you arent using the wifi, just disable it. That might solve your stability problem right there.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/