Thread: Water Oxidisation

Default Water Oxidisation

I know that having a water cooling systems water source exposed to air is not a good think as it can lead to floaties in the water and bubbles and whatnot. Though, what i have never been sure about though is if you continously run oxygen (the same oxygen recycled) will it lead to a large amount of rust within the WC system, or cause bubbles or anything like that? Remember, this will be the same air run though the system over and over, so it will not be exposed to anything new after the first few hours or so.

Any Water Cooling buffs that can give me any info would be much appreciated.

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Water Oxidisation

Most water cooling parts, at least the part that gets wet, are made from aluminum, copper, or some vairant of plastic. Therefore, they do not rust. This is a good thing.

That said, I have been told that running a system with Aluminum and copper in it, which is just about any system, can lead to corrosion porblems as the water reacts with the two metals. Adding something like Zerex to your water will prevent this from happening.

And of course, use Distilled Water as any other water will have some bacteria in it that will grow over time.
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

Default Re: Water Oxidisation

Yeh, once i get my water cooling system i spose i'll just have to test it to see if the water becomes to oxygenated and begins forming bubbles within the tubes before i run a system on it.