Thread: Holidays are coming!!!!

Default Holidays are coming!!!!

OK guys....

I was reading in the daily report...(the local newspaper in our small BFE town) that the holidays are coming! HOLY.....where have i been?!?!? REALLY??? anyways...it got me thinking of all the wonderful things that have been handed our way when we were needing it most. And this year i was hoping to maybe spearhead an idea to possibly be able to give back...even if i cant do it myself.

OFFICIAL IDEA:

We all know someone who knows someone who is trying desperately hard to better themselves. and as most of us here have modded or are currently modding...it stands to say that we will tend to have older parts laying around the house. What if we got together...listed the parts we do have, and see if we cant build a few older computers to be handed out to a lucky few of those people? We could let the local news in on it and say that the community of TCBS got together to give back to the community.

Not only would it greatly help out some deserving soul, but it would be some GREAT advertising/PR for TCBS.....and as we all know...the more renowned one is..the better chance for free products from companies! i tried to find a down side to this and cant seem to find any. this would be a win/win situation for everyone involved. we could finish a computer....and hand them maybe a custom paper printed out with all the names/screen names of the people who either built it or donated parts/time to help with each computer. Feel free to post in here or make a new post for parts/time if this sounds like a good idea!
    Not all who mod are modders...

Default Re: Holidays are coming!!!!

We've had this idea before. It could work for Christmas
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

I'd be all for that. I'll do an inventory of my parts and see what I can throw out there.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

I have a 433MHz Pentium!!! processor if that will help xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephik
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR
    i believe its cake that attracts fat kids... not the other way around
    Yea well you try telling a fat kid that.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I have a TON of P3s (and celerons) and P2 celerons and a few boards. Would some of those help? I also have 64MB-128MB sticks of SDRAM that I am willing to part with.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I have a couple motherboards, a Celery from 2001, and a buncha RAM.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.