Thread: Review: High Gain Wireless Internet Dish Adaptor

Default Review: High Gain Wireless Internet Dish Adaptor

OK...i have been using wireless pretty much exclusively for pretty much over 1 year, and in that time i've had to make some pretty funky things to try to get a better signal.FINALLY that's a thing of the past! i took down my tin foil "bouncers" and cleaned up the house! A friend of mine told me about this wireless adapter that he had bought about 6 months ago and how neat it was, and how it grabbed a signal from just about anywhere..blah blah blah...and i said that he would need to show me just how well it works. He finally brought it in to work...and we hooked it up in the worlds worst dead zone...our control room for the plant. Not only does it have about 9 computers hooked up in there..but also a huge mess of wires that give off an immense amount of interference for anything wireless. Now if that isn't enough...they encased the entire thing in concrete. In short..its a COMPLETE failure for anything wireless. So that being said, he tried to connect with his laptops onboard wireless modem, and of course...nothing...then he hooked up the Hi Gain Wireless-300N USB Dish Adapter (For Windows) From Hawking Technologies. Almost immediately it picked up a signal! with a bit of fine tuning..we picked up two more signals...from over 6 blocks away! Needless to say i was impressed and ran out and bought my own. i installed the software and hooked it up. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I now load at at least twice the speed i was used to..and did a speed test using multiple different websites. i pulled an easy 3000 on the download, and did moderately well on the upload. I used to lag badly on the games i play such as Call of Duty 4, and World of Warcraft, but now...Not even a tremble in the signal. I just cant go on enough about this dish..but here's the specs for this wonderful addition to any wireless set up.

The Hawking Hi-Gain Wireless-300N USB Dish Adapter extends your wireless network 6 times and boosts your data throughput 12 times! It is capable of transferring data up to 300Mbps. The Wireless-300N USB Dish Adapter is designed with advanced Directional Dish Technology for excellent range and performance. A built-in dual antenna concentrates wireless signals for extended wireless range of up to 600%*, compared to a standard network adapter. It is the most powerful 802.11n Wireless Networking Adapter on the market. Furthermore, it is backward compatible with Wireless 802.11b and 802.11g and will operate on the highest throughput that your network allows.

Features
    Extends Network Coverage 6x using MIMO & Hi-Gain Dish Technology
    Boosts Data Throughput 12x
    Excellent Solution for Media-Intensive Activities with up to 300Mbps Data Transfer Rate
    Supports WEP, WPA (PSK, TKIP), and WPA2 (AES) Security Encryption for the highest level of security
    Setup is quick and simple
    System Requirements:
    Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    One Available USB Port
    Wireless 802.11 b/g/n* Network (i.e. Access Point or Wireless Device)
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Network Specifications:
    Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Security: WEP 64, 128,
    152bit WPA (PSK, TKIP), WPA (AES)
    Electrical Properties
    Frequency: 2.412~2.462GHz
    Operating Voltage: 5V
    LED indicator: Solid Green & Blinking Mode
    Mechanical Properties
    Connector: USB 2.0/1.1
    Material Properties
    Color: White
    Dimensions: (L x W x H)
    4.17 x 4.90 x 5.14 in
    Weight: 6.7 oz

As you can see its basically plug and play, low on the power usage, and looks great!

This is basically how it works in your home/office/LAN party/etc..

Just take a look at this bad beauty!

I personally will be recommending this product to all of my wireless computing customers in the future. I also would recommend checking out their website...
    http://www.hawkingtech.com/
    They also have other high gain sending and receiving adapters which are comparably priced to the other inferior wireless adapters on the market currently.
    Not all who mod are modders...

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Review: High Gain Wireless Internet Dish Adaptor

I'd imagine that a high-gain dish would work nicely. Especially with an amp on the line. Nice review.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Default Re: Review: High Gain Wireless Internet Dish Adaptor

Nice review, bet that range is amazing on it!