Thread: Gears of War 2

ATX Mental Case

Default Gears of War 2

Well I just got Gears of War 2. The campaign is awesome and quite an improvement. But to be honest the multi-player is exactly the same with some different weapons and all new maps. So if your buying it for the multi-player it's not worth it. Will post an extended review once I play the game a bit more.

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

Default Re: Gears of War 2

I just came in to say Gears of War 2 rocks ass! I'm probably about halfway through the campaign and I'm loving it. I can't wait to fire up some co-op with a mate.
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg

Co-op definitely sold GoW1 for me - a weekend with a mate, a 360 and a 42" HD TV playing through GoW1 was the ultimate in fun.

It's a shame that I can't pick up GoW2 for PC - I don't own a 360 and probably never will as I prefer the PC gaming experience over console gaming.

I actually liked the Gears of War 2 multiplayer. Its close to the same but they made some great changes in my book. The 5v5 is awesome and the new matchmaking system they use now is just like halo's which I also thought was a great way to group people. And the new Horde gametype is very addicting when you get yourself 4 good friends to play with and work together to defeat the hordes of enemies.

Would anyone like a review? I don't want to write it unless you guys would want it. I'm almost done with the campaign as I played it for about 8 hours straight yesterday.

Gow 2 Is Godly!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.