View Poll Results: What's the Most RAM You Have in Any One PC?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 512MB

1 1.33%
  • 512MB or more

0 0%
  • 1GB or more

11 14.67%
  • 2GB or more

21 28.00%
  • 4GB or more

30 40.00%
  • 8GB or more

9 12.00%
  • 16GB or more

3 4.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the Most RAM you Have in One PC?

Default Re: What's the Most RAM you Have in One PC?

I run 8 gb of ram in my gaming computer. I use 4 gigs in one server, and 6 in another. I have 4 gb in 2 of my laptops, and I have a really old Rambus using server that has 2 gb all 512 sticks

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    seriously, my server in wellingborough has 20GB SERIOUSLY you got the rite, TWENTY GIG's of RAM

Running windows server 2003, with 2x dual core xeons running at 2.1GHz per core, built it about 4 years ago and is still running, controls the network in my old house (Parent still live there) runs a web server, runs a file server accessable from the outside world, runs as a torrent server.

never had a reset since i finished building it

oh, and i have a bag of sun java memory for the sun servers, a massave 2TB, thats rite, two terabytes
    If you've never had to reset WS2003 I bet the Auto-Updates would whine to you like no other if you logged directly into the box, heh.

I manage a server (more like the server) at my office that has 16GB. Runs a 32-bit CentOS 5 with the RAM patch on it to make it recognize all that. We use it to house our production environment of four WS2003 Virtual machines's, one of which is WS2003 64-bit running Exchange 07.

The server itself has 4TB of space too, so each VM has 2GB of RAM dedicated to it, and between 30 and 400GB of space each. It is absolutely sick...

As far as my computer, I'm running 2GB right now, but over Christmas and into next summer I want 4GB on Vista 64. That, however, will require an almost complete system overhaul...

Quote Originally Posted by Datech View Post
    If you've never had to reset WS2003 I bet the Auto-Updates would whine to you like no other if you logged directly into the box, heh.l...
    yep, hence why when i set it up, i disabled all that crap, and i've never had to touch it since, everything is controled by a website front end for the bit torrent server, all i do is upload a BT file and it auto starts and add the downloads to a shared folder,

I don't really have access to it anymore as its in my folks house, i went and checked it when i last went down about 2 months ago, still running smooth.

Although my dad has really started to fill the drives, it might even need to be turned off to fit a new HDD, the old one is getting a bit full.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR View Post
    planning to upgrade to 3gb soon... sounds weird but 32bit os only recognise 3.4gig .... not really worht the money for extra gig right ???
    it is worth it to upgrade to 4gb's for several reasons, one 4gb kits are cheap now-a-days. and 2. the more important reason is that if your running in dual channel 3gb's is not going to let you run dual channel.

here is some good Crosiar memory for only 54.99

or 4gb kits from 25-50

Here
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

12 gig in my main rig, just built it, was saving for corei7, bought a 940 and some triple channel ram... love the speed. and i love the fps, i dont have all my vid cards in yet however, waiting on 2 more 4870's

the more important reason is that if your running in dual channel 3gb's is not going to let you run dual channel.
    Unless it's an i7 rig, in which case you have Triple Channel and 3 gigs becomes the perfect amount for a 32bit OS.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

In my lab, I have multiple servers with 24-36gb, but THE BIG BOY has 128 dual-core processors and 512gb ram, running Server 2008 R2. This beast currently manages a few thousand TB of data storage.

As far as desktops, not servers, I think our biggest is 16gb.

Fresh Paint

running 8 gigs currently, enjoying it.