Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Share your spooky stories! +Rep for each story posted!

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Share your spooky stories! +Rep for each story posted!

At my school, backstage in the auditorium, a girl died number of years ago (~44) there was somebody who told us that, so we all went back with him and saw the plaque above a dressing room that is dedicated to her. Just off of the stage, it is usually very dark. There are stairs going up to some storage for select props and such from plays in years past, and some graffiti on the walls, and an organ at the bottom of the stairs. Underneath the stairs, there is an old bathroom which, I think also has graffiti in it. Almost every time that anybody looked up there (the top of the stairs), they would see something like a white flash, or something almost like somebody waving a white blanket around, but just for a second, then it would be gone. When I showed somebody else, last year, who had moved into the district shortly before, I was the only one who would take him back into the hall to show him the plaque above the dressing room. I did, and he said that it "felt weird back there." I agreed that there was a strange presence back there. I have a little bit of an explanation for the seeing things, since it is somewhat bright on stage, but none for the creepy atmosphere in general. Sorry, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. I will try to remember to take some and post them here next time there is a concert in a few months.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

This is something that happened today true story not really scary but i call spooky .I have been laidoff since monday hope to go back this monday .
    Anyway i have been trying to get things in order and do some odd things around the house. Well today i had to go sign my will not something anyone looks forward too but as i am 35 now i figure i aint getting any younger .
    With anyone i guess you kinda of reflect and want to live another 40yrs
    Well you never know anyway i went by my father in laws who is a great guy .
    I had some 2x4 s in the truck as i left which fell over scared the crap out of me. Well my wife goes to bed at 7:00 pm for work it was 5:30 when i left his house . I was in rush i atleast wanted to see her for a little while today .
    Well i know we have all done it i was turning left light changes cars are coming im thinking can i make it .then i get to thinking if you wanna live longer dont do things like try to make it lol,so i wait after all the cars gp by .
    I what seemed like a split second as i started to turn i heard a weird noise i
    thought it was the 2x4's again look in the rear view a car turned behind me right in front of the cars i let go by and it got hit right in the door i hope everyone is ok but when i looked in the rear view i mean just a split well a few seconds after i heard that noise the ca was still moving I dont know if that is scary but , it sure was spooky to me .
    btw Keep the stories coming i love reading em +rep to Cymae for the idea

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I post this reluctantly.

I was young. Somewhere between 6 and 9. I was playing with Castle Greyskull and all my He-man characters on the dining room table. My mom said it was time for bed so I whined about having to put all my toys away. She let me leave it on the table so I could continue playing in the morning.

During the night I awoke to go to the bathroom. I had to walk out of my bedroom go through the dining room to get to the bathroom. I headed out the door and came to the dining room table where I saw a boy about my age sitting at the table. He was wearing all black. He had red eyes and Dark hair and he looked right at me. I screamed and ran to my Moms bed crying.

Thinking back, it was probably in my head. I just awoke, still very tired and had a waking dream. But what if it was real?

I get chills thinking about it and have to stop typing this just to look around.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Overclocked

Once, i threw a rock at one of the guys in a haunted house. He chased after me and my friends a few blocks away. Then we threw candy at him...

That is an awesome story Jon! Everyone else is doing great too!

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

oh my dads old house used to have a graveyard and ruins on his land

so at about 12 at night the friends that when at my house decided to go to thr Haunted ruin lol that was a joke we made up...

and i took a tape of my dad playing the guitar and played it very softly ....

scared the poo out of them... lol

i aslo had a motor bike track inline with the graveyard and i swear everytime i went around the track and was not facing the graves i had a spirit or something following me...

still scares me...

just another random joke we played on someone...

my dad was a butcher.... raised the pigs then killed and butchered them...

we cut off the tail and through it at people and they ran and ran and ran

i also thought the pit in the shed was hunted....

only cus it was dark..

thats all i can think of atm

more if i think of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

These arent my own personal stories, but im sure some of them will get you going Here we go...

A few months ago a friend of mine, who is an up-and-coming nature photographer, decided to
    spend a day and night alone in the woods outside of our town. She wanted to get photos of
    the woods and wildlife as naturally as she could for her portfolio. She wasn’t afraid of
    being alone, as she had camped by herself many times before. She set up a tent in the
    middle of a small clearing and spent the day taking pictures. She filled up four rolls
    of film on that trip, but something was strange about them. What she saw in those
    pictures has stayed with her ever since, and she is still trying to recover from the
    trauma the have caused her.

Almost every picture was accounted for, save for one picture in each roll of film. These
    pictures were of her, asleep in her tent in the middle of the night.

You get a phone call from your Mother. Since her car has been in the shop, she asks you to
    go to the grocery store and pick up a few odds and ends for her. Bread, milk, cereal, and
    chicken breasts.

After writing down a small list you reluctantly get in the car and pick up the items at
    the store. The lady cashier makes an odd remark to you, "You know, we're in no danger of
    a milk shortage." Upon arriving at her house you knock several times. No answer.
    You decide to try the door. It opens. You place the grocery bag on the counter. Strange.
    There seems to be six other grocery bags, each with identical contents. In a couple, the
    chicken and the milk has gone bad. "Mom," you call out, but no answer. You make your way
    through the kitchen and into the living room. Sitting on the couch, with her head cut off
    and neatly resting on her lap, is your Mother.

Naturally you call the police who come over to investigate. They mention that she has
    been dead for nearly a week. Furthermore, the police psychiatrist is at the scene and
    talks to you after you give your initial statement. Sitting on the front steps, you
    overhear the psychiatrist talking with the crime scene investigator. "It's not uncommon
    for people suffering from schizophrenia to get locked into a series of repetitive
    behaviors," he says.

You think to yourself, "They can't be talking about me. Schizophrenia? Nah. Repetitive
    behavior? Do they think I did this?" Suddenly your cell phone goes off. "Hello?"

"Hi hun, it's me. Could you stop at the store and pick up some chicken and milk.
    Ohh, and I need some bread and cereal too."

"No problem Mom. I'll be right over..."

* I am Thomas's reflection.
    * Every morning, he rises from sleep and walks into the bathroom.
    * ...and he makes faces.
    * I am so tired of the faces. He makes them for at least half an hour. Mocking,
    ridiculous faces. I have no choice but to mimic his every action, although inside I am
    seething with anger.
    * He does this every day... well, USED to.
    * One morning he awoke as usual, and entered the bathroom.
    * On this particular morning, against his will, he picked up a pair of scissors.
    * On this particular morning, against his will, he gripped those scissors tightly in his
    fist.
    * ...on this particular morning, entirely against his will, he plunged those scissors
    directly into his right eye.
    * Thomas screamed, and screamed. I screamed and screamed too - with one difference.
    * I can't mimic his pain.
    * Just his face.

During the summer of 1983, in a quiet town near Minneapolis, Minnesota, the charred body
    of a woman was found inside the kitchen stove of a small farmhouse. A video camera was
    also found in the kitchen, standing on a tripod and pointing at the oven. No tape was
    found inside the camera at the time.

Although the scene was originally labelled as a homicide by police, an unmarked VHS tape
    was later discovered at the bottom of the farm's well (which had apparantly dried up
    earlier that year).

Despite its worn condition, and the fact that it contained no audio, police were still
    able to view the contents of the tape. It depicted a woman recording herself in front of
    a video camera (seemingly using the same camera the police found in the kitchen).
    After positioning the camera to include both her and her kitchen stove in the image,
    the tape then showed her turning on the oven, opening the door, crawling inside,
    and then closing the door behind her. Eight minutes into the video, the oven could be
    seen shaking violently, after which point thick black smoke could be seen emanating from
    it. The camera then continued to stationarily point at the oven for another 45 minutes
    until the batteries apparantly died.

To avoid disturbing the local community, police never released any information about the
    tape, or even the fact that it was found. Police were also not able to determine who put
    the tape in the well.

...or why the physical stature of the woman on the tape did not in any way resemble the
    stature of the woman found in the oven.

Thats all for now.... enjoy....

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

It's fiction, but this site has a good collection of Lovecraft stories (yes, I have just started reading Lovecraft)
    http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary...aft/index.html
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg

One time, I was outside at night leaning up against a tool shed (pitch black except for the stars, around 12) and I heard something like footsteps behind the shed, and I almost ran as fast as I have ever ran in my life but I was too scared to. I just stood there.
    Then, an air compressor inside the shed (that wasn't plugged up) turned on and started running. It scared the crap out of me. I was scared already and then the air compressor suddenly turning on without a power source (which by the way was very loud and right next to the wall I was next to). I thought I was going to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephik
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR
    i believe its cake that attracts fat kids... not the other way around
    Yea well you try telling a fat kid that.

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

not much but i swear its true, when i was alot younger i remeber being home alone watching tv, when all of a sudden the tv turned off and on by its self i then heard footsteps coming up the basement stairs witch are next to the living room so i trew a chair up against the door and ran to hide in my room, mind you this was like 10 years ago so it was alot scaryer then
    Will