Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mac ad that ticked me off...

Default The Mac ad that ticked me off...

There have been 2 new mac ads that really made me lose all respect for Apple(And I didn't have to much respect for them in the first place).Now of course almost all of the ads ticked me off but these ones went WAY to far.

Come on Apple, your the one to talk. Honestly the 300 million dollars that Microsoft spent on advertising barely makes a dent in their bank account. "Have to raise money because we spent all of our money on advertising"? Hardly. If anything, Apple spent the same or even more one the "Mac and PC" ads. And this commercial doesn't even say why to buy a mac! All it is is a cheap blow to insult a rival company. I think these mac ads are starting to get as dirty as the presidential campaign ads.

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

Default Re: The Mac ad that ticked me off...

Those are low blows. I thought it was bad enough when they first started making those ads that Apple had to bash Microsoft while promoting their computers, but that is just ridiculous.

Well the first one is funny b/c it's true!

They are throwing money at advertising and fixing all of vista's downfalls in Windows 7. Vista still needs some more optimizing and fixing IMO.

The second one, I agree Microsoft does have a boatload of money but I highly doubt Mac spent nearly 300million on their ads. Seinfeld alone for Microsoft is probably 50mil he isn't cheap. I'd love to see how much they paid him. And also the Mac budget would be good too.

I am disgusted with the Mac advertising. They seem to think they are so superior they can rewrite all the rules. I was watching TV one night (which i rarely do anymore, all the advertisements get in the way of the actual shows) and a Apple commercial came on and I was put off because they could not be bothered to use proper grammer. All the current "trendy" big player computer companies (mainly Apple and Google) seem to be run by irresponsible teenagers. I switched to Vista for good a few weeks ago and have had no problems whatsoever. In fact my gaming rig was crashing and having other issues under XP, all issues disappeared with Vista Ultimate 64. Apple runs the same ad concepts for like a year with just tweaked scripts, essentially beating the dead by the time they bother to find something new. Not to mention Apple never really shows what their products can do. Then again they seem to want all their users to be the same and use their stuff the same so yea...
    One last thought: Microsoft probably paid more for advertising but at least they do not come off arrogant and derogatory in their ads.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I like Vista too... and honestly, I haven't seen any Microsoft ads on TV lately, of course I don't want much TV but still... it's all Apple ads that say NOTHING of value... at least to me, anyways.

PC Guy: Hi, I'm a PC and I work on all x86 hardware
    Mac Guy: And I'm a mac. I only work on apple products so compatibility is never a problem. And if you need him.... buy our stuff and use both! So naturally we're better.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

There's a windows commercial that starts with the "pc" guy and goes to show a bunch of other proclaimed windows users, like an austronaut, bill gates himself, a wrestler and a bunch of others.

Apple really is hitting hard with the low blows and it's a shame that MS can't sue the **** out of them because they say "PC" instead of windows, and MS can't copyright the word "Vista" =/

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    One last thought: Microsoft probably paid more for advertising but at least they do not come off arrogant and derogatory in their ads.
    I'll agree on the lack of arrogance, but Microsoft gets the "stupidest commercial of the millennium" award for the Seinfeld ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post

Apple really is hitting hard with the low blows and it's a shame that MS can't sue the **** out of them because they say "PC" instead of windows, and MS can't copyright the word "Vista" =/
    Yet Apple manages to copyright an apple! As in, the fruit that grows naturally. It's so stupid,Apple's name. So far theyv sued everything from a Canadian college to New York City(the city that's been NAMED the big apple). I don't get how they can get away with it

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

I'm guessing Microsoft probably could make a case against these ads if they wanted to, but they just don't care. They have a huge market share in both business and home sectors and having few home users here and there jump ship based on a superficial ad campaign is more or less nothing to them. By owning the business and office work markets, MS owns the home market by default. After all, if you worked on Windows machines at work all day and you needed to take home some stuff to complete, it wouldn't make much sense to buy a Mac for home would it?

So yeah, I just don't think Microsoft is that concerned by the whole deal. Until governments decide they want to invest the billions of dollars it would take to switch operating systems, MS is just going to laugh quietly to itself as Apple acts like a baby and has a little tantrum.
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg