Thread: University Life

Default University Life

So, I've now been at university for almost a month... and I've had almost no time to mod or even read mod stuff online. Anyone else balancing uni and modding?

Vision
    We are not limited by our abilities, but by our vision. And everyone has vision.

Default Re: University Life

I don't normally mod... then again, I'm poor and lazy xD;
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Fresh Paint

I'm trying to balance the two, and yeah, depending on what major and what year you're in, the time crunch happens.
    I suppose if you had any time on the weekends, you could set aside a couple hours specifically for modding. =)

If worse came to worse, there's always the Christmas holidays as a pretty decent time...

And cost is an issue over here too, crenn. I tend to mod my gameboys. XD;
    Does the university you're at have a surplus store? Those are fun to poke around for old computers, at least.

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

I've been at uni for about six months now, and so far I think one of the most important things to do is schedule some time of for yourself. Go to a movie, read a bit online, play some games or whatever for a few hours a week. I quickly learned that while you are there to work, you simply cannot do just that. You will go insane in a very small amount of time.
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg

Dear Cenn,
    Yeah, thats part of the problem, even if I have time after reading 5 chapters on the origins of Judaism, rarely do I ever want to do anything other than sleep..or drink lol. I so dropped that course for a second year Medieval Society course- one of the better choices in my life haha

Dear uber-hippie,
    I usualy go home for weekends, see the family, but i think taking a weekend to mod is more then justifiable. No surplus store that i've found, but their is a Canada Computer store in walking distance, its pretty good. not as cheap as surplus, but nice stuff all the same

Dear Pointy_Stick
    With mid-terms on the horizon, that advice is good to know! Hopefully I don't go insane with it all! positive thoughts...

Thanks for the posts, if anyone else has some uni-life mod stories, or anything realy, go ahead and talk about it. I don't have many stories as of yet, but I do plan to get a mod going eventualy. Will be sure to post the results!

Vision
    We are not limited by our abilities, but by our vision. And everyone has vision.

Check

Vision

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

University makes you time and money poor.
    Need a sig

Quote Originally Posted by simon275 View Post
    University makes you time and money poor.
    But hangover rich ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I'm starting to worry that I may become genuinely funny at some point. Then there will be no hope.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

The biggest problem I have faced with modding while in school is that I'm in a co-op program and therefore move every four months. It's hard to get set up and bring tools to a lot of the places I stay so even though I have the time on co-op I don't have the space and resources. As a result my mods have been relatively straight-forward and comprised of mainly soldering and LEDs. I will be putting up a worklog for my comp, Thor, hopefully starting next weekend since holidays help with modding (it's Canadian Thanksgiving next Monday). Just keep at it and in time stuff will come together.
    TheMainMan
    TheMainMan