Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere to grind.....

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Somewhere to grind.....

Ok. 13, going on 14 years. Close enough. I guess my dell was one of the first to come with an atx PSU.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

A small update

this is the 1x6 i added to the edge of the door on the right so the left door that will be opened more will have something to rest against .

Here it is attached to the door sorry for poor pics batteries were almost dead got what pictures i could .

Then i added a 2x2 that i had to hand plane down because nothing in the building is square really but had no way to take pictures of the process

These are the screws i used they are square drive from McFEELY’S they are the best screws i have ever used i hope to stay away from philips if at all possible .

Finished or close have somethings to work on but getting closer to what i want .

I know this is a very bad picture but i couldnt get it right there is a gap there aas you can see or i hope you can . that i couldnt get a lot closer. Because of how that part of building is made so with the help of the wife we put this backer rod in there .

Then she had what i thought was a great idea i was going to put aa board over all that then she came up with puttingthe scrap insulation i had left over .
    On top of backer rod and caulk and then i will but a board over that should help with stoppin the breeze and cold .

Then i caulked all around the decking and other places but thats not exzactly interesting hope to have a better update soon if nothing happens .

header is done
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Hey thanks man that is awesome i really appreciate it +rep for you sir.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Lookin' good!! +rep

On the screws, I agree Phillips screws are awful. Square drive are great but I've found a brand here at my local Ace hardware that are Torx drive. They've got a drill point, nibs under the head to help countersink, and even little teeth between the threads. They are awesome. If you've got a bit long enough and a drill strong enough you can use a long one to screw two 2x4 boards together and the screw will actually pull itself completely through the first 2x4 and leave a hole the size of the screw head all the way through it. They're pricey but worth every penny.
    ________
    XV920R
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Hey thanks for the coments and the rep i hope to have another update pretty soon if nothing happens just havent had the chance to really work on it much latley thanks again i will have to look into those screws.
    are they anuthing like this http://www.mcfeelys.com/spax

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Kind of like that, but the little teeth actually run between the threads the whole length of the screw.

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/u252429
    ________
    HONDA FES125 PANTHEON
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:33 PM.

cool thanks ,will have to look into those

I have a question for the construction minded of you guys as you can see im not much of a carpenter lol .
    Im jsut doing the best i can with what i have i have a couple of questions for you all

1 .
    ok on the inside where i put that white insulation it has foil on the other side .
    Do you all think i should but a vapor barrier like 6MIL Plastic Sheet on top of the insulation and then put my wall covering up.
    Which will probably be 7/16 osb or just put the osb on top of insulation .

2. Should o run my wall braces vertical or horizontal
    im leaning vertical im not planning on pputting a lot of weight on the walls but will store some thing if nothing happens i will try to play fallout 3 while i await a reply lol thanks in advance

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

I would vote with the vertical option also and as far as the vapro barrier I would do it especially if you are going to have any type of electrical out there. as a bonus if there is a hole somewhere and water does manage to get it it will keep it contained and away from the electrical. I may be wrong but all that is how I would do it.

Good point man about the electrical and thanks for the vertical vote .
    Glad too see you around i havent been on as much through the week as usual .
    I dont know about you but im about ready to start the heaters just waiting on the gas man to come sometime lol .
    BerticusPryme you know about the humidty around here better than anyone
    I may run the electrical through conduit but , i want to keep the moisture and water down to as little as posssible so im gonna go with the vapor barrier.
    Between the foil on the other side and the palstic on the inside should do pretty well . The doors have helped a lot . Hows your mods coming ?
    Thanks again