Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhere to grind.....

Default Re: Somewhere to grind.....

+Rep for more kitties

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

im sorry all update will have to be tommorrow after work if nothing happens working in building went long tonight

Kitties!

Er, sorry.

Say, don't forget the adjacent sign with the bare-minimum "shop rules". Gotta have these clearly posted:

(Based on this [which contains naughty words], of course.)

Man, I wish our weather would permit something like this.

Also: +rep to Cymae for an adorable (and reusable) post-image-thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

@SgtM hopefully i wont exceed the bandwith lol, iworked on it and around it thursday night till about 12:00 PM worked on it friday from 10:00 am till 11.30pm and saturaday worked at the house with the wife painting some in house and my new doors
    @calumc i would say it is 100 feet but i will have to measure yeah i was just thinking of running a 20 amp breaker
    @ FuzzyPlushroom lol cool thats what the man room in the house looks like now lol thanks nice pic btw
    @ Cymae my wife took some kitten pics just for you lol no kidding
    Ok here goes the update

I bought this insulation the other night got one sheet just to try it out
    it is 1 inch thick and has a foil backing thought it might be better than the blue stuff here is some pics of the process how i did it any way

Tools of choice
    that knife was my wifes brainstorm from hobby lobby it is made to cut floral stroyfoam it worked awesome

The foil side i think will help a lot

It pretty much cuts like drywall hence the T square

where it was cut

popping it like drywall

That knife cuts a pretty good line

This is installed in case you cant tell the is a cove insice the walls i bent it into was tough but think it sealed fairley well

Ok all i said i was gonna ask for an opinion or two this one way i was going to give myself somthing to attach plywood or pegboard or what ever i use.

For a wall i have some screws ordered from McFeely’s to help with attaching btw Square drive screws are awesome .

second way would be easier to put the the insulation in

Way 1 way two you guys are inspiring me to push onand really appreciate the help comments opionins and questions welcome
    I also started the doors this weekend lol people love the hat i which i do to.

My doctor gave me some meds that make me sunburn very bad i know im lookin rough but i worked till midnight or 1:00 the night before got up at 7;00am.
    Then worked from 10:00 am till midnight btw thanks very much to my father in law for the use of the shop and the roast lol . If you get sick easily ugly man pics ahead lol.

here i am citting the 2x4's for the frames

Laying it out

measuring themn for the 100th time lol

I used a kreg pocket hole jig to put them together these ROCK !
    No glue required strong as can be , Although you cant drill into the end grain and can be taken apart if need be

the setup

Drilling the pocked holes

routering the dado to put the sideing insert in wish i had thought to get a pic of the groove

Siding cut to size

Or so i thought lol

Done

Rinse repeat

Also thanks to my father in law who came on sunday i usually dont do things like this on sunday but , we really wanted to get them hung and pretty much mounted and he stayed till 8:30 pm helping and got a diet coke and hotdogs for his trouble thanks again man .
    They are not perfect the space in the middle is on purpose i will explain when i work on it agian if nothing happens, you all saw what i had to work with nothing in that whole thing is perfect i may change them some or do a little changing here and there but im pretty pleased.
    I do work in a cabinet shop but dont know anything about carpentry but i guess that is obvious comments,suggestions ,constructive criticism welcome . hope you enjoyed the update

Sorry it was dark
    oh yeah i almost forgot her pics i promised Cymae i started a fire in the grill and barrell it was kinda cold thursday night it helps beleive me lol usually the cat are all over the place but i didnt see them anywhere untill

Sooo cute ^_^

Do they have names yet? if not can you name one after me? =3 XD

The mod's looking good too, You must have a whole bunch of "+rep for kittens!" from me by now...here's another one +rep
    Last edited by Cymae; 10-07-2008 at 12:03 AM.

princess th eindoor kitty

if you name one after me can it be the white one with the brown on its head?...and if so i would like a closeup of da kitten

i will consult my wife in other words she will say yes or no lol thanks fo the rep all

Hope she says yes

Are you going to cut a window into the container? I think it'd be nice if you did...

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Doors look great!
    ________
    Vaporizer guide
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:17 PM.