Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to this, have some ideas...

Fresh Paint

Default New to this, have some ideas...

Hi guys,

I am totally new to the pc modding field. But hey, I have to start somewhere right?

Ok, here it goes. I'm putting together a new pc for myself and planned to actually do something to my case so its a bit more "me".

I was originally posting/asking for advice at a fellow member's forum/website about painting tips. Thanks heaps to the guys at Theairbrushforum.com. And Commando reffered me to this community stating that this is where all the case modding ninjas are.

I'll be getting my case in 2 days time and have decided to come up with a industrial-scene gone wrong with blood splatters and smears all over the place. I happened to think of this idea because I find that the actual case it self has an industial feel to it.

Here's a link to ithttp://www.coolermaster.com/products...detail&id=5363
    From the Coolermaster site.

Since I am a total novice, I had planned to just do some simple paint job on it to improve the original black color of the case. Was thinking of "blood" on a white background.

What do you guys think? Any simple mods I can do to this casing to improve the project and my skills?

Thanks a lot.

Default Re: New to this, have some ideas...

It sounds like a great idea.

If i were you i'd do a mockup first. Draw it out with pen and paper and decide exactly how everything's going to look.

It's important especially with an idea like this because you want it to look awesome, and not just paint slapped onto the case. Blood spatters are done in a very particular way. If you are going to do it to your case, you will want to first decide WHERE is the blood coming from. if you plan to have it on multiple sides, you should still work out where the blood is spraying from. maybe draw up some angles on paper. This will give it a feeling of someone splattering blood accidentally on your case.

So, in conclusion, draw up some drafts. Make pics of your case and decide where the blood's coming from. Also consider the paint you use, and take a look at the color of blood, you don't want your careful work spoiled by a color that's almost right but not quite.

Fresh Paint

Thanks for the advice.
    I will take pics of it and of its pieces and will try to find the angles and do a mock job on photoshop or something.

Will post those up on this thread once i am done with it.

Appreciated your, my lady
    Last edited by winter; 09-25-2008 at 10:01 PM. Reason: CauseI'm Polite

Quote Originally Posted by winter View Post
    Thanks for the advice.
    I will take pics of it and of its pieces and will try to find the angles and do a mock job on photoshop or something.

Will post those up on this thread once i am done with it.

Appreciated your advice WOman.
    (not that i condone being called woman..)

Once you post up some pics im sure people will give you some more ideas and advice good luck!

Welcome to TBCS!

It will be interesting to see exactly what you have in mind.
    I really dont know what you mean by "industrial-scene gone wrong"
    . .you mean like saw blades and fingers on the case?

You got anything sketched out?

Fresh Paint

Yes, Something like that..haha..altho i have no idea how to do it. haha.. I'll take some pics of the case once i get it and show it to all of you, ok?

More like either the desktop itself is an industral tool where somenoe chopped his fingers off or the desktop just happened to be next to an industrial tool where someone chopped his fingers off..lol

Like Cymae suggested, I was thinking like slattering blood on the desktop from a certain angle.

I would browse the internet for various Halloween props.
    I found a set of realistic looking severed fingers. Here

A motorized blood blade reservoir would be awesome.

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

also jsut to add some stuff in here working in an industrial area I see alot of stainless steel and/or diamond plate. you might want to head on over to http://www.mnpctech.com/casemodstore.html and check out some of the film they sell. I ahve ordered the diamond plate for a case mod I ddi for a friend and the stuff is nice.

Fresh Paint

Thanks for the advice, but i have already gotten the primer and clear coat for the paint so i'll keep the idea for th vinyls next time

Overclocked

wow, that is one sweet case to start your modding career . It barely needs modifying, it looks amazing already. Like you said, it does look very industrial. I really like what you have planned for this mod. +subscribed
    Current Mod
    AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition 2.7GHz (Overclock Not Tested)
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz GOLD XTC Memory
    Samsung HD502HI 500GB Hard Drive SATAII - Green Drive
    Zotac 9800GT Synergy Edition 512MB DDR3
    Artic Power 500W PSU
    Gigabyte GA-M57 SLI-S4 Rev. 2.0