Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Setting up an SSH Tunnel?

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Setting up an SSH Tunnel?

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    The proxy that I use at school is 200.52.42.39 Port 8080. It isn't always on during the early hours in the morning, but it's usually up when I need it. You could also try syphon. I also found a way to use google image search. First, try simply going to googlee.com instead of google.com. If that is blocked, or redirects to google.com, you can take the blocked url, and replace images.google.com/images... with l.google.com/images...
    the filters that SCOE uses blocks ALL google.com/images and images.google domains. Even foreign language ones. We've tried.

Also, it's started blocking Google PDA and whatnot.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I tried, the foreign ones,and they were the same for me, but I found l.google.com and any of google's ip addresses/images... works with websense, at leat. that's an "L" infront of google. You can also see if ask jeeves is blocked yet, because they can't block just the image searches, they have to block the whole ask website, instead. That proxy that I listed is about as fast as the school's net connection. If you use myspace with that proxy, you will have to change the country/language to United States (english), or Estados Unitados (ingles). You should also try syphon.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I tried, the foreign ones,and they were the same for me, but I found l.google.com and any of google's ip addresses/images... works with websense, at leat. that's an "L" infront of google. You can also see if ask jeeves is blocked yet, because they can't block just the image searches, they have to block the whole ask website, instead. That proxy that I listed is about as fast as the school's net connection. If you use myspace with that proxy, you will have to change the country/language to United States (english), or Estados Unitados (ingles). You should also try syphon.
    been playing with psiphon. it's working real well internally, now I just gotta get a hardwired box on a DMZ or port forward to this machine. I pretty much got it handled from here. Thanks for the help, dude.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I have the same problem at my school. It is terribly crippling to not have access to Google Images for in-school work. But lately they've just been blocking a lot of random stuff. I use windows skydrive essentially as a go anywhere 5GB flash drive, but they blocked that also. I've given up on trying to get around because the tech guy(s) at our school have too much time on their hands. They essentially look at suspicious programs, and web addresses accessed or installed by students then proceed to block them. With their vigilance its an ultra tight system.

The blocker seems to block a lot of non-inappropriate (inappropriate being games, violence, nudity, etc...) things, and thats why I'd want to get around mine.

-Indybird

Well, As others have said, I don't condone this, but I have had the need at my school also (web sense). One program I have found that works well would be Ultra Surf. But, if you want to set up a SSH on your XP computer, I believe, I repeat, I believe, that you can use openSSH. A tutorial can be found here.

At my highschool, we used to have a guy that ran a server and used PuttY with it too, as someone else said.
    I would have this set up at my house, but the way I get internet (through a WISP) I can't expose my IP.

I hope this helps you in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Trace, see if this link works at school. http://images.l.google.com/images?hl...=2&safe=active It works for me with websense. I'm actually at school right now in "Digital Photography." I was somewhat suprised to find that TBCS isn't blocked.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I'm at school too on their wifi and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

ultrasurf is working very, very well. I still want to set up my own psiphon server, but ultrasurf is working well for now (and it's quick, too). Cheers.

bumping and unlocking for suggestions for filter bypassing under Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE4.1.2 if it makes a difference), sans proxy servers set up in FF of course.

whoops forgot to unlock