Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: TBCS, You helped save my brothers life!

Default TBCS, You helped save my brothers life!

I just wanted to say thank you to the community here at TBCS. As some of you may know I don't live with my brothers and getting contact with them has been extremely tough and frustrating. But about a year ago some kind folks here at TBCS encouraged me to keep trying to help out my brothers, or at the very least the ones who accepted my help.

About three weeks ago one of my brothers finally reached out and asked for my help, to get him out of that house and away from my abusive father. Of course I reached out and helped him, and he has been living down in Mass ever since.

Friday night my dad snapped and tried to kill everyone who was at the house up there. He went after my other brother and my mother. They both were hospitalized with multiple stab wounds all over their chest and back. My mother's lung was punctured, and still is in the hospital trying to recover. But it looks like they will be okay in time. My father's bail is on monday though and apparently his mother is going to try and bail him out. Which is a horrible thing, as my father made it clear that he already just gave up his life, so if he gets bail will go back and try to kill the rest of us, as he has nothing to live for now. So let's hope he doesn't make bail.

But, nonetheless, thank you TBCS community (and especially CrazyB). So long ago you gave me the strength to keep trying with my family right when i was about to give up on them, and because I didn't my brothers life is saved.

Thank you so very much. I know this is all personal stuff, usually not on here, but I really needed to say thank you right now. And I know you will all put your hopes, and prayers if you are religious, out to my family, so I want to thank you again ahead of time.

Here is a link to the news report for those interested: http://www.wmur.com/news/17519610/detail.html

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: TBCS, You helped save my bothers life!

All I can say is now that you've helped them, if I was in your position, I would take it upon myself to protect them. Buy a shotgun, get a restraining order, whatever you can (although a shotgun is a good idea anyways). I know he's family (your dad) but there are certain circumstances (I would count trying to murder your family) when you need to disregard that and do what's best for everybody as a whole.

All I can say is I hope your mother and brother get better and your dad gets the punishment he deserves.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

your selcome dude,

im sorry to hear about what happened mate, but this community is all about helping each other, i agree with omega about getting some form of protection, he maybe family but there is a point where the saftey of the rest of the family takes presedence.

im glad there is something good comming out of this, you smoothing things over with your bro.

Good luck in the future.

XcOM
    Last edited by XcOM; 09-21-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

My dad is also abusive but I am not sure whether or not he would do something that nuts... you never know though.

I also hope that he does not make bail and I hope your mother and other brother do not have any permanent disabilities from the attack (such as only being able to use one lung, etc.). Good luck dude.

Thanks guys. The support helps quite a lot.

Not sure I can get a gun or anything, but I am well equipped to defend myself. I can't do a whole lot to "protect" them, as I live a couple hundred miles away, but I can give them my support. I did go see them yesterday and helped as best I could though. I only hope they get better.

Apparently after talking to my mother, he tried to kill himself afterward, but all he could manage was a little nick on his neck with the knife. The abusive coward was to cowardly to take his own life after he thought he took two others (They would have died but one neighbor saved them. I will have to give him his my thanks. I am disappointed though as apparently two other apartments right there closed their doors when my mother and brother ran out of the house bleeding everywhere screaming. But society is so afraid and closed off from one another at this point it doesn't surprise me).

All I can say is I am so sorry to hear when something like this happens. Your family will be in my prayers. I have heard similar situations, and we seem to get disassociated, until it happens to one of our own. This is a terrible ordeal and your father definitely needs to be institutionalized, whether it by prison or a mental institution. If there is any justice in the world left, he will NOT make bail. He has shown that he is a danger to others and himself. Hang in there, be there for your Mom and brothers, and let us know if there is anything we can do.

My words cannot express how saddened I feel for family, but I have to believe that something good has got to come out of such a horrible situation. Hopefully it will be a stronger family between you, your mother, and your brothers.

Hang in there...

Curtis

That's seriously a messed up situation which must be tremendously difficult to deal with. One thing is for certain, you're obviously a strong person to be handling it so well. If this is a foundation of your character, there's no telling what you can build upon it.

I'm glad that you were able to reach out to them in time, and very thankful that everyone is ok.

Prayers are going out for you and your family tonight.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Hey man, I know that abusive people in general can be a very tough thing to deal with. I'm glad that everything is turning out to be on the more positive scale of things.

We're all friends here mate! We're more then happy to lend a helping hand!

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

In all honesty I am deeply sorry for what happened to you and you family over the years and what has came down to. If you mother and brother are anything at all like you they will persevere. Keep your head up everything will be ok. As far as your father getting bail if they are in the hospital they are in about the safest spot to be. Your brother and you on the otherhand I would like others have said make sure you have a form of protection and if possible find a new place of residence with a friend or someone else. If you need anything at all don't hesitate to ask. The family here will help wherever we can and if you are ever near north Alabama I have 2 couches for you and your brother.