Thread: Audigy 2 or 4?

Fresh Paint

Default Audigy 2 or 4?

I took a look at Creative's website (www.creative.com) and saw that they have the information on the new Audigy 4 (this, of course, skipping 3). What do you guys think? Should I save up and go after this new card or stick to my Audigy 2 ZS Plat Pro? I don't see any special differences (but I did take a short look). What makes the 4 better?
    System:
    CPU:AMD FX-55
    VID:2xAsus EN6800
    RAM:2GB Kingston Hyper-X
    MB:Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    SOUND:Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Plat Pro

Overclocked

the 4.
    the average user/gamer won't be able to tell the difference. Listening to mp3s won't have any difference. Maybe better surround, and a neat control panel. That's it.

Water Cooled

I would definetly not buy the audigy 4 if you have the 2 zs plat pro. that soundcard is already one of the best on the market. you wouldn't notice anything in sound quality, maybe if you listened to dvd audio with a $5000 sound system. MAYBE. save your money for a nice watercooling setup or other upgrades

Default re:

I'd go with the 4 personally. I have a IIzs, and while it is a great card, the software conflicts the #@$%^& driver has with Norton Internat Security 2005 are a pain in the ass. They are supposedly resolved in the audify 4 release. we'll see.

Overclocked

I think the audigy II zs would be suffecient. Also you would save some money for other goodies.

As for teh post above its norton internet security that is the pain in the ass lol.
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Kaolian
    I'd go with the 4 personally. I have a IIzs, and while it is a great card, the software conflicts the #@$%^& driver has with Norton Internat Security 2005 are a pain in the ass. They are supposedly resolved in the audify 4 release. we'll see.
    The 4 won't necessarily fix that, if it's the same driver base. Go to the creative site and download new drivers. If that doesn't work, try older drivers.
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.