Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online Classes

Default Re: Online Classes

I was originally going to take a C# class, but that would have been at the school and conflicted with 4 of my high school classes (it was a 4 hour class). All other programming classes had prerequisites that I hadn't taken or didn't care to take. I got a call about this class about 2 weeks ago and signed up. I'm going to be happy when I get certified but damn it's boring. There isn't a whole lot of hands-on stuff when you're learning about the OSI model and I'm not a very patient person. Hopefully it'll get better since most of what I'm covering now is "theory" stuff.
    RIP Bucko

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

My second degree was nearly all online. I had just one class at the school.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Water Cooled

I actually work at University of Phoenix Online. And I am going there to get my Bachelors degree. I definitely like it a lot better than I liked on campus classes. That being said, it is not for everyone. You have to be very self motivated and willing to take charge when necessary. Good luck in your online educational endeavors!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I actually work at University of Phoenix Online. And I am going there to get my Bachelors degree. I definitely like it a lot better than I liked on campus classes. That being said, it is not for everyone. You have to be very self motivated and willing to take charge when necessary. Good luck in your online educational endeavors!
    I'm attending there as well. I had reservations at first, but once I got a few classes under my belt, my perspective changed. And now, I'm nine weeks away from completing my Associates.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Hahaha, I'm never up at 3:30am... usually I'm not up past midnight. These online classes will be the uhh... thing that turns me into a vampire and makes me become a hermit, lol.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    Hahaha, I'm never up at 3:30am... usually I'm not up past midnight. These online classes will be the uhh... thing that turns me into a vampire and makes me become a hermit, lol.
    Trust me, you'll get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    Trust me, you\'ll get used to it.
    I might be able to but my damn grandma keeps acting like I\'m committing a cardinal sin by staying up so late. What\'s up with people like that? lol

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

Haha, just wait till you hit the "It's 6 am and the sun is coming up????" stage. The in-laws say god wants us up early to enjoy the day. I tell them I was up early to enjoy the day, I just sleep before I enjoy the rest of it. I really like taking the online classes. At first I was kind of skeptical because the first class I took had a bad teacher but it's gotten better since then.

Yeah. My advisor teaches two of my four classes and he's a really, really cool guy. It's nice having a decent teacher for once.