Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Classes

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Online Classes

Has anyone else taken them? Right now I'm taking four as I can't afford to go away to school, lol. They seem to give you more freedom, but with more freedom you also need more discipline.

Default Re: Online Classes

You nailed it. I have taken several online classes and I could tell when I started getting bored. If they had not been self paced I may have dropped a grade...

It does take discipline to walk past friends and family to go to school in your room. I pushed one class back so far that I had to do the final four lessons while a party was going on in the other room.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I'm forcing myself to do stuff, even though I would much more easily do something else, lol. I'm particularly hating this writing course I am taking... I may be good at writing but for some reason I just cannot focus on it. This time, though, I am going to utilize all my resources to learn this crap and get it down. I refuse to cheat too, that's like somehow getting into the Olympics without training. You're where it matters and you cannot function at the level that you need to be at, lol.

I'm taking one right now. I've exhausted all computer classes at my high school and since we have a program that will pay for any college classes I want, I said why not. I'm currently taking Network+ which will hopefully prepare me enough for certification when I finish but I gotta tell you, it's hella boring. OSI, TCP/IP, LANs MANs WANs... Not exactly a party.
    RIP Bucko

Yeah, I chose not to go into a computer related field for a reason: they're a good hobby but I cannot stand it when stuff goes wrong... I've been getting better at staying calm while fixing things but one can only take so much, lol. For me, it's either a hobby or a job, and when it comes to computers, they're staying a hobby. Forestry for the win! lol

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I'm forcing myself to do stuff, even though I would much more easily do something else, lol. I'm particularly hating this writing course I am taking... I may be good at writing but for some reason I just cannot focus on it. This time, though, I am going to utilize all my resources to learn this crap and get it down. I refuse to cheat too, that's like somehow getting into the Olympics without training. You're where it matters and you cannot function at the level that you need to be at, lol.
    Sounds like you have the same problem that I do with writing courses. Let me go off and write for myself and I'm all good I could write all day. But limit me or force me to come up with something and then I get stuck big time. Authors have nothing on my writers block.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

I have this topic for my first paper: The Importance of Education in Today's Society.

Sounds easy, eh? Not really, lol. Still trying to come up with some topic sentences for my paragraphs... talk about slow work.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I'm really bad about thinking of stuff to write. After I write the paper, I usually do well on it, but just thinking about what to write takes me forever. I only know one other person like that, and he fails half of his classes. That wasn't very comforting, to say the least.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I'm really bad about thinking of stuff to write. After I write the paper, I usually do well on it, but just thinking about what to write takes me forever. I only know one other person like that, and he fails half of his classes. That wasn't very comforting, to say the least.
    No, but at least you're honest and don't sugar coat the bullcrap.

I used to be better at this but still... this sucks, lol. *goes back to looking at a paper*

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    I'm taking one right now. I've exhausted all computer classes at my high school and since we have a program that will pay for any college classes I want, I said why not. I'm currently taking Network+ which will hopefully prepare me enough for certification when I finish but I gotta tell you, it's hella boring. OSI, TCP/IP, LANs MANs WANs... Not exactly a party.
    If I didn't know better I would swear we were taking the same networking course. BORING! Thankfully this is the last week of it for me. One class left (Intro to Java) and I'll have my Associates. I'm also planning on getting my A+ since a potential local employer is insisting on it.

@Bopher: the key is to find something you enjoy and write about it. Even if I get stuck with a dry topic, I think of ways to work in some of my interests as parallels. Also, being a packrat can be a good thing. As of right now with my home library (~75 books, various topics), along with some extensive notes from the past ten or so years, I could probably kick out a near-thesis quality paper on computers, music, zymurgy or culinary arts. And for those of you who are about to google zymurgy, I'll save you the hassle--it's the study of fermentation. In other words, beer and wine.
    Last edited by Drum Thumper; 08-21-2008 at 03:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream