Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: PrometheusCu

Default Re: Project: PrometheusCu

@DonT-FeaR - Sexy... indeed! The metal fabricator in me loves to stare at these blocks and the fabrication quality.

@Dane Bramage - Thanks man, I'm moving as fast as I can.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

I've been away from the forums for a while, but I just learned my lesson. Fantastic mod, +rep and subscribed.
    TheMainMan
    TheMainMan

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

Wow... I get buried under work, and dig myself out to find this...
    I really need to spend more time here. o.o

+rep +sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.

Fresh Paint

This is gonna be sick. Im lovin it so far.

@TheMainMan - Thanks a lot man, hopefully I'll catch you around town some time.

@Helix666 - Happy to be a reason for dragging you away from the real world mate. Thanks!

@grayfox2 - Many thanks.

My machinist (who is doing all my work for free BTW) called me today declaring that he will work though the night if necessary, I'll have the prototype parts cut tomorrow. It's been a crazy time for him and I can't really hold anything against him considering the predicament, also he just moved his shop to a new building at the beginning of Sept.

I have a new dilemma however.

Corsair has been kind enough to provide 8GB(4x2gb) of Dominator 1066mhz RAM with no heat spreaders attached, only they've expressed a little caveat which has me thinking.

With these MIPS Computer GmbH has been very kind and has sponsored me with a RAM Freezer 4 memory waterblock:

However since Dominator ram has additional PCB height to aid in heat dissipation:

I'm concerned that the Dominator RAM may not work with the RAM Freezer 4.

Of course I could ask Corsair to provide a RAM from the XPS series that does not have the extra height, but I'm waiting for MIPS Computer to get back to me with measurement specifications.

I've also taken delivery of a couple other aesthetic items this week, I'll have pics up tomorrow or early weekend.

Thanks for reading... and waiting... see you all soon.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Congratz on the front page mate. Loving those RAM coolers.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

The boy 4rm oz - Thanks mate.

Sorry for the delays folks, but my metal is still not cut (don't get me started... I'm pissed) and until it's installed I cant really do a whole lot else.

I decided to try my hand at fabricating panels from my fabric. These were soaked in resin and pressed at an obesene pressure of several thousand tonnes.

You don't get this look from carbon decal!

The next one is the closest thing to a definition of "indestructible" as you'll ever find. I don't know how many layers there are in this - but it's about a 1/2" thick. It will be used for a few structural components.

I've also got a few yards of copper mesh, I have a few plans for this stuff it looks really cool when wrapped tightly around wires and cables.

Another generous donated product courtesy of Mach over at TheBestCaseScanario's forums. Some braided copper sleeve.

Lastly we've got 100' of 18gage copper flat wire to be wrapped around the black tubing for aesthetic reasons.

Also the metallic copper paint I ordered on July 27th is still not even shipped yet which is holding up some of my smaller mods.

I'm just playing the waiting game from now until when my metal is cut. I've done a few little things like lapping my GPU's and CPU, other than that noting big.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I am loving the detail you are going into my friend. Can't wait to see the cables with the copper accents and what you end up doing with that CF.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

nice work... love the look of copper..
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Suh-weet, you found a vendor for the copper mesh. Did you source locally or have to have it shipped from India? Can't wait for mod pr0n