Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: PrometheusCu

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: Project: PrometheusCu - Update #1: Aug 3rd

Loving the idea for the keyboard mate. Can't wait to see that PICO water cooled. Nice workshop BTW.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

nice shop dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

@The Boy 4rm oz - Thanks man, the pico should be the first part to get finished off... assuming my aquagate arrives as planned.

@Dont-Fear - Thanks man. The shop is actually my fathers MAN CAVE, but of course he doesn't mind my tinkering.

In case anyone is still a bit confused as to my plans for the Pico I'll outline it below:

The 40.2mm radiator will be cooled by 2 of the cool air intake 40mm fans mounted in the front panel/drivebay.
    The stock Pico-ITX heatsink has had a flat spot milled into it to allow me to afix the CoolerMaster Aquagate pump/block to it.
    I asked xtreme0915 to send me some pics of the aquagates pump/waterblock, hopefully this will fill in the blanks:

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

wow thats tiny man....
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Another parts update:

My parcel from SparkFun arrived this morning. As did my box from AquaComputer, only I won't be able to pick it up from the post office until later this evening.

So-far we have:
    The BlinkM RGB LEDs

The Arduino control board

The Female serial plug that will allow me to convert the USB>Serial adapter from Male to Female.

I'll have my AquaComputer stuff tonight, so tune in then.

Thanks for reading.

So I see you have experience in programming C/assembly. In my opinion it would have been easier for you to build a custom rgb controller than implement I2C communication with a controller. I would say it would have been even less coding to do that.

You can easily implement color change between blue and red if you buy a temp chip and implement it using I2C once again. There are some other cool sensors available too.

Regarding the 100 LEDs then just hook up some transistors and it should work well. Don't forget to do the math first. If you have any problems regarding programming arduino or any implementation - write me.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

2 things: I want your shop, and I'm going to be subscribing--I considered the BlinkMs for a mod, and am curious as to how they're gonna work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

@custom_electronics_man - Thanks for the advice. I have considerable programming experience but Arduino will be new to me, but I figure it can't be that hard. As for the 100 or so white LEDs I'm going to split them into 5-6different zones, which will help with the wiring a little bit. You'll probably end up getting some communications from me in the future, thanks a lot for the offer.

@DrumThumper - Thanks man... tune in and we'll see how well they work out.

Again many many thanks to my sponsor AquaComputer for generously providing the following:

For those of you who aren't aware of the power of the AquaComputer components. here is a small demonstration video showing the power of the AquaComputer system (aquaero display, aquastream pump, multiswitch, tubemeter water level sensor, aquasuite software).

Here you will find AquaCopmuter's explanation of the AquaComputer automated "monitoring" hardware.

Aquaero 4.00:

AquaComputer 90degree swivel elbows:

AquaComputer Flow Sensor:

Multiswitch 1.41:

And the center pieces of the system... PrometheusCU Edition G200 waterblocks. Aquacomputer was generous enough to build two of these fore this project. (Note that the Prometheus text appears 'burnt' in the images but this doesn't show up to the naked eye)

More assembly to come soon.

Thanks for reading!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

AquaComputer makes some really fantastic stuff. Like the PrometheusCu edition water block mate. Quality.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08