Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: PrometheusCu

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

Default Re: Project: PrometheusCu

That's looking really nice. I would've chosen rev4 also.

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

yea looking cool.... i still like the first one ... but its your mod make me change my mind with some more great work
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Now I have to agree, that by far does look the best. The first one was cool and all, unusual in design but this new one matches the straight lines of the Lian Li perfectly.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

yeah good point

number 4 it is...

ive been convinced
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Thanks a lot for the support everyone, I really appreciate and value your opinions.

Rest assured that I still have a few tricks up my sleeve with the case feet design, and a few ideas to better integrate the fins along with the rest of the case... but I'm going to leave you all guessing what they are.

I've gotten quite a few questions asking me what software and technique I used to produce my concept Illustrations.

So...

As with my earlier "prototype part illustrations" the case feet concepts were drawn Adobe Illustrator. The images above are not 3D models - like you'd get with Sketchup - they are only 2D perspective illustrations. In fact it would have been easier and faster for me to do these perspective drawings by hand... but everything is just so much cleaner on screen.

I'll post a couple of images tonight showing how the drawings are done. Essentially they are just drawn using the line tool - one line at a time, doing my best to eyeball the proportions while staying true to the perspective.

I do it this way because of two major reasons:
    1: I like to do perspective drawings, and I like to leave a certain degree of the design to my own internal vision. When I use 3D apps I find myself letting the program dictate my design, often this happens when trying to conform to the limitations of the tools available in the software.
    2:Illustrations like the above depend less on exact dimensions and allow more flexibility (at the cost of time).

The only major disadvantages to 2D illustrations is that when you want another view, or even a subtle camera shift you need to do the drawing over again. Also... drawing curves - like the ones in my first foot revision - is a real pain in the ass, and takes a fair bit of understanding perspective principles.

I'm such a fan of this project that I'm promoting it to "featured", great work and keep those updates coming! +rep
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

WOW, I'm honored to have this project and myself awarded with a "featured log".

Thanks so much jdbnsn - I really appreciate this.

And another BIG thanks to everyone who has posted on, or even glanced at, this project worklog. Its the support, and kindness of the modding community that drives my inspiration. The acceptance that this project has received across the board has been incredibly surprising, and more-over incredibly exciting.

Thanks again everyone.

Tune in soon, there's a lot more coming - and it's coming soon!

The last of the parts for the 2nd loop have been ordered today.

Again a big thanks to AquaComputer for their support; they are responsible for providing even more hardware for this project.

1 x aquastream XT USB 12V Pumpe - Ultra Version
    2 x Connector set for Aquastream to G1/4
    6 x Rotary elbow adapter G1/4

Thanks Sven.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Congratz on making a featured worklog. Believe me mate, you really deserve it.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

Congrats on the feature. You deserve it. Can't wait to see more. +rep