Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BF2 Black

cooler than the other side of the pillow dfigravity's Avatar

Default BF2 Black

That's right...I am finally starting my first real mod here...
    I've been sitting on this old Compaq Presario case for a long time and haven't really been able to decide what to do with it. So after months of being lazy I have finally decided to go with a Battlefield 2 mod. Most of the BF2 mods I've seen out there are desert themed...but I am planning on doing something a little different...I thoroughly enjoy the Special Forces expansion, so that's what I am going to focus on. Sleek, black, plenty of green lights... It should be fun!

Of course I can't find any pictures of it before my handiwork so here's one from google...

Ok...let's get started
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 08-11-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Default Re: BF2 Black

Ok, so the first thing that HAD to go was the stupid front facia which included a little storage area for CD's. Then it was a simple matter of drilling out a few rivets and....voila! Computer guts!

Since I tore off the old front panel (literally) I went online and ordered a pre-cut piece of aluminum to make a new one. Thank god for the guys in the motor pool at work...they let me use their shop. Unfortunatly I'm not allowed to take a camera to work so here's the finished product. (it still needs a little work with my file)

From here I wasn't sure what I wanted to do...since the front was all nice and shiny, I figured why not sand the whole case down to bare metal and make it nice and shiny too...

did I mention that I don't have a palm/mouse sander? Thats right...all I have is a sanding block. Needless to say I am not looking forward to sanding the three-sided piece that makes up the rest of the case...
    There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Ok, since I really don't want to do anymore sanding right now...or ever...I moved on to the side panel.

Not too shabby if I do say so myself...

My next step is to come up with a solution for the front panel USB... Because the old front panel was so large, the USB port sticks out about an inch and a half...

I need to recess it so that it will sit flush with my new front panel...still working on that one though.

Tomorrow I am going to cut a hole in the front panel for an 80mm intake fan, and maybe knock out some more sanding..............maybe.

Oh yea, it turns out the guys at work have powdercoating gear...SCORE! I'm thinking the whole case (inside and out) will be flat black with some gloss green accents somewhere...still working on that idea though

looks good
    battlefield 2 was a great game... actually the game that got me into online gameing

here's a little Xbox BF action...

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

rofl ur photogenic like me lol (camera oh *** *pulls a weird face*)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

so I have this little analog DC meter...I would like to try and incorporate it into the mod...I have seen a few tutorials around the net for making your own circuit boards for something like this, but I'm not quite that tech savvy. It would be nice if there was a simple way to get it to monitor HDD activity, bandwidth, anything that would make the neddle jumpo around a bit...the back of the meter just has two posts, + and -
    Any ideas??

Now to take care of the 120mm fan hole...

looking good. always nice to see a bf2 mod that game rocks!
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]