Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Childhood Memories

Default Childhood Memories

What events stood out for you modders from your childhood that you still remember cleary till today? Mine:

Was about 8 years old then, mom wanted to bake a cake so she took out a couple of eggs and placed them in a bowl. Went and play with the eggs before she cracked them and accidentally dropped one right at the moment she walked into the kitchen. She asked me what I did and I stupidly replied "I didn't do anything, it jumped out of the bowl".

And the reply I got was "If you're going to lie, be a lil smarter"

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Childhood Memories

One of the most vivid childhood memories I have is my dad convincing me the passenger seat in his car was an ejector seat and if I wasn't good when I sat in the front he'd eject me.

It worked.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I really don't remember my childhood. For whatever reason I've either forgotten or blocked it. Oh well, more room for computers
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I like that first post, my childhood lies were not well constructed either. I actually have a few memories that go all the way back to being in a toddler's playpen, I don't know how old I was though. I've heard that memories from that age are highly uncommon, and I don't really know why I have them but I can remember being in the kiddie-cage and clawing at the netting on the sides in the hopes of escaping to go play on the shuffleboard basement floor. To this day, I have no idea why the basement had a shuffleboard tile arrangement, we never once played it.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I have some spotty memories as far back as 5 or 6 years old. I remember toys I received like the Hot Wheels "Mongoose and Snake" race track set (Don "the Snake" Prudhomme and Tom "the Mongoose" McEwen), Planet of the Apes treehouse and action figures and the original VertiBird, before it was discontinued because it was actually, quite dangerous. It was the best flying (tethered) chopper toy in the world!!!
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

My earilest childhood memory is from around the age of 4... (yes highly uncommon).

I even checked this with my older sister and she confirmed it and was also surprised that I remember it.

When I was about 4, we were living in Denver (near Lakeside Amusement Park), and that year the rains had caused the Platte river to flood. My sisters used to scare me that if I stepped one foot out the door, I would be swept away by the flooding river (which was no where near our house).

I also remember our very first phone number from about the age of 5.

Crimson: I had the Mongoose set too. Imagine enough Hot Wheels track to go from our second story apartment around the corner, down the stairs and all the way down the sidewalk to the end of the building. With 2 lanes. Now I have that much HO race car track.

Jeez, I better stop before I write a novel.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

I can never really pick out anything specific. I remember some of our old houses, I remember some former pets, the closest thing to a specific instance that jumps up right now, was the time i rolled around on the carpet till i got tons of rug burn. Or maybe the time when i was really little and i thought the dogs dish would make a good meal. I can't visualize the moment, just remember that it happened.

I never had a good memory though. I can't remember stuff that happened last year, let alone 12 years or more ago.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

I don't remember much.... only things which I wish I'd forget.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I remember making candles with my parents when I was 4 or 5, we would take marbles and throw them onto the tile floor in the kitchen until they broke and then make candles with the pieces inside.
    ________
    BUY DIGITAL SCALE
    Last edited by blueonblack; 02-24-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    I remember making candles with my parents when I was 4 or 5, we would take marbles and throw them onto the tile floor in the kitchen until they broke and then make candles with the pieces inside.
    wow. they actually let you break stuffs? if id break anything back then id get an ass kicking from the old man