Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what does everything mean?

Fresh Paint

Default what does everything mean?

as ne1 can tell, im a noob to computer buiding, can ne1 explain what everything means?

Water Cooled

well, everything can mean lot of things. in fact, it is a word that refers to all the things you know. pretty general

42!

Actually, did you have any specific questions?

eve·ry·thing
    ( P ) Pronunciation Key (
    v
    r
    -th
    ng
    )
    pron.
      1. All things or all of a group of things.
      2. All relevant matters: told each other everything.

1. The most important fact or consideration: In business, timing is everything.
    All kidding aside Im sure you mean the terms and parts, if so look into www.motherboards.org and www.formfactors.org

Overclocked

What's everything?
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by fishies
    What's everything?
    check the above post I very clearly explained what everything means

Default Re: what does everything mean?

Lol...owned...

There are plenty of computer building guides out there, but in reality its basicaly like putting the squar peg in the square hole....doesent get much harder.
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Fresh Paint

If I may butt in here, but I also have a relavent question (though innocent and n00bish) concerning motherboards. Is there a specific kind of processor to get for a motherboard, or is it as simple as "Intel P4 3.0" or "AMD3000"? I just want to know so I don't have an idea blow up in my face.

Water Cooled

there are intel and amd boards, and there are different sockets for each. you have to look at the pin numbers regarding to the socket. they are posted almost everywhere and it is not hard to match them up.

Quote Originally Posted by elpato84
    If I may butt in here, but I also have a relavent question (though innocent and n00bish) concerning motherboards. Is there a specific kind of processor to get for a motherboard, or is it as simple as "Intel P4 3.0" or "AMD3000"? I just want to know so I don't have an idea blow up in my face.
    Just as Frakk said it, you have to make sure the motherboard and chip have the same pin layout. IE socket 939 AMD 64 to a socket 939 motherboard. If you check Newegg.com they have a very extensive search feature where you can search for motherboards by socket, same for CPUs.

Also make sure your FSB or Front Side Bus are equal, you can put a socket A or 462 into any socket A or 462 motherboard, but many older units only run at 133MHz or 266 when showing in DDR (Double Data IE 133 doubled = 266) so make sure the MHZ Rating also matches if you want to acheive the best performance.

Memory can be tricky if your new to this, 400MHz memory modules can be reffered to as either 400MHz or PC3200, 333MHz = PC2700, 266=PC2100 and so on. Again refer to Neweggs search features to help narrow your search down.

Please note I am not endorsing Newegg.com for anythign other than their superb search feature, which is GREAT for newbs to help make sure they are getting the right part.

I hope that helped, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask, just because its n00bish doesnt mean its silly, we all started out as newbies.