Thread: Need advice on getting the right Airbrush Kit

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Default Need advice on getting the right Airbrush Kit

Yet again another airbrushing question. I'm in the market for my first airbrushing kit. I've been searching this forum along with the rest of the net to try and figure out what is the best setup for me at an affordable price. I just need help from some of you more experienced airbrushers on which is a good deal.

1. Master Series airbrushes with compressor
    2. EBAY AIRBRUSH CITY COMPRESSOR 3 AIR BRUSH KITS PAINT 7502
    3. EBAY PAASCHE H-SET AIRBRUSH w/Quiet AIR COMPRESSOR with TANK
    4. EBAY Paasche Airbrush With Compressor

Thx for the help.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

Default Re: Need advice on getting the right Airbrush Kit

No question about it. Go with the Master Series brush and comp. Make sure you get the comp with the tank. Buy the brush separate and get a larger compressor (at least 5 gallon) if you can afford it. I just got a 3 gal compressor this weekend for my brush, and I don't like how often it runs. Gravity feed is definitely the way to go.

Paints:
    Createx*
    Auto Air*
    Kustom Shop**

*Water based. Can be thinned with water, or a mixture of water, glycerine, alcohol, and glass cleaner. Wear a dust mask.

**Urethane based. Mixed and ready to spray. You'll need a respirator.

True Fire tutorials. Commando has some that are very good. Ed Hubbs has a killer 3 part vid on youtube.

I've been hanging around Commando's site lately along with TBCS. He's got a forum with average joe beginners, to a dude who's been featured on the TV show Rides on TLC. Head on over and join in the discussion. Just like here, it's a cool group of people with the same interests and willing to share tips and tricks as well as critique your work and offer advice.