Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBCS Grunge

Default TBCS Grunge

I know, im totally obsessed with grunge now

edit:added paint splatters

Edit again: made image on a "canvas"

Default Re: TBCS Grunge

I think everyone goes through the grunge phase, i know i did, i still do a little bit now, then theres the vexel/vector style phase, ah its all good.

I digg it, nice lookin.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I think the canvas look makes it seem too busy, too noisy and too planned, not the sort of thing you'd see out on the streets or whatever (although you usually don't see stenciled razorwire but whatever, I like that look anyways so).

Still though, not bad.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Ah, the wonders of brush sets. Three cheers for 22 Pixels Flock.

Looks pretty nice, though the blood/ink splatters look like they were just thrown in there for filling empty space. IMO, you either need more or less, but not middle for ink/blood. Also, when doing grunge/brush pieces, try using 1 color (in this case black) but using different opacity levels. You'll get greys and black, and if you go from dark to light (ie, 100% opaque to 30% opaque) you'll see some of the earlier brush stamps through the light ones, and it looks pretty good.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    though the blood/ink splatters look like they were just thrown in there for filling empty space.

Ding ding ding! Someone told me it was too white and white is bad for monitors so..... The original didnt have
    the canvas

Oh and what do you think of me putting it on brick?

Are you wanting that added to the wallpaper thread?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Are you wanting that added to the wallpaper thread?
    Yes but not yet. I want to make sure that people like it before i give it to you.

Greco101

I have a "thing" against brushes. I never went through a grunge phase... it never appealed to me although some people can make it look bitchin'.

You are coming along pretty fast though with photoshop. keep practicing. Only downside to that is by the time you're comfortable with one... another 2 will be released :oP

EDIT: Thought I should add... it's not brushes I have a thing against... just when their used in their default form. It just screams "noob." (not that I'm a pro or anything.)

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Nice wallpaper! Very cool looking. +rep
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.