Thread: pros/cons

Fresh Paint

Default pros/cons

what are the pros/cons of water cooling and of air cooling all i know is water is supposed to be quieter and that H2O has higher spacific heat than air (one of the few things i picked up in chemestry between naps). which is beter for small spaces?

Water Cooled

Default Re: pros/cons

what i came up with at the moment:
    Air:
    Pros:
    -cheaper
    -safer
    -requires less power
    Cons:
    -can get loud
    -good case airflow is required
    -better heatsinks are big and dont fit in every case/mobo

Water
    Pros:
    -good cooling performance and/or very quiet
    -the fun of putting it together
    -water tubes can look very sexy
    -overall case airflow isnt necessary
    Cons:
    -expensive
    -requires room for the pump reservoir and radiator
    -heavy for lans
    -water and electronics dont go together
    -maintance takes more time
    -if you are not an enthusiast its not worth ure trouble

yeah every thing he said above but more for water i was getting an score of 40000 on aquamark then i ran water without overclocking i got a score of 54000 now so it better for benchmarking as well and you for me the biggest is less noise

Fresh Paint

thanks guys im going to build my pc in a 20mm ammo can to make my pc so i can use an atx board the dimensions are 17 x 15 x 7 inches and i want it to look like an ammo can when closed would you suggesst using water for this?

ATX Mental Case

Water cooling an ammo case is going to be tought due to size. However, as you can see if you look at mashie's Doom III mod, small systems can be watercooled.

I would look at European style cooling. Stuff from across the pond tends to be smaller, use smaller tubing, and works just as good as the big stuff, most of the time. It will be alot easier to fit 8mm tubing in an ammo case then say, 1/2".

I would go with the Swiftech MCP-350 pump, which is the size of an 80mm fan. Alphacool and Innovatek have great low profile blocks for all CPUs as well as graphic cards.
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

Fresh Paint

what about radiators which ones are the best? this is list of stuff that i need for a water cool system i know i need a CPU and GPU block, radiatior, pump, tubes, connectors, and what is a t line and which is better t line or resivoir am i forgeting anything?

Fresh Paint

ooh i forgot where is the best place to find this stuff the onlything that showed up on price watch is the swiftech pump for $83 including shiping