Thread: Should I get an XPS?

Default Should I get an XPS?

I've been thinking about buying a Dell XPS M1530 laptop. they have some pretty good deals going on right now.
    here are the specs.

2.4 ghz. Core 2 duo
    15.4 lcd 1440x900
    4 gb shared dual channel ddr2 667
    320 gb 5400 rpm sata drive
    slot loading dvd
    256 mb nvida geforce 8600M GT
    Dell wireless N band card.
    9 cell battery
    Audigy hd sound card

all for $1248.

What do you guys think?
    Should I get it, or look elsewhere? If so where?

Thanks.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Should I get an XPS?

I don't know much about laptops but that sounds like an alright deal to me. If you're getting it for gaming you might want a desktop instead, unless of course you have to travel quite a bit or really want the portability. Just my $.02.

I have an XPS M1210, with the Nvidia 7400GO in it, and it's decent enough for light-mid gaming. Runs WoW flawlessly, but the 12" screen is not for everyone. I like it..

Either way, they are nice laptops, and very affordable. I'm not sure if the LED backlight is an option for you on that model, but I'd say it's a worthwhile upgrade since the battery life is much better. (It is a bit more pricey on the 13" model though..$100-150ish)

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

if you get one, dont waste your time. format the drive, get rid of the crap
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    I have an XPS M1210, with the Nvidia 7400GO in it, and it's decent enough for light-mid gaming. Runs WoW flawlessly, but the 12" screen is not for everyone. I like it..

Either way, they are nice laptops, and very affordable. I'm not sure if the LED backlight is an option for you on that model, but I'd say it's a worthwhile upgrade since the battery life is much better. (It is a bit more pricey on the 13" model though..$100-150ish)
    yeah, it does have the led option, but I think its $150 more. Dell is running XPS Summer days with deals each day. So I'm not sure what tomorrows deal will be. If I'm going to get it, I have to do it tonight.

I'd go for it with the LED option if you can.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Sooooo .... did ya get it?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

DO NOT GET A DELL. Newegg has some pretty nice ones for less. And they're not Dells.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Did it get it? Yes and no. I placed the order on Friday, and I choose to upgrade to the LED Screen. If figured in 6 months, will $150 really make or break me, and the answer was no, I would not even know it was gone.

However, there was daily limit on my debit card, so the transaction did not go through. I called my bank on Saturday, and they raised my limit, but they said it would not go into effect until Monday, so.... I have to wait until tomorrow to notify Dell to re-charge my Card.

Satan, Your comment sounds like its based on a preference rather than specific reasons not to buy a dell. Are there any specific reasons?

I've looked high and low and at many different brands of laptops. But to get the specs that I wanted from either HP, Asus, Toshiba, Sony or gateway, (Yes I even looked at Gateway , The XPS was cheaper because of the $599 off deal, they were offering that day. I also got free 2 day shipping, a free upgrade to the 9 cell battery, plus some of the Mfr's did not offer as high as specs as I was getting with the XPS.

So after I get the charge figured out, it will take aprox. 3 weeks to get it. they said the estimated delivery date is July 10th. And that is with Free 2 day delivery.