Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Best Tasting Beer?

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default The Best Tasting Beer?

For those of you who can drink legally and those who do it anyway, beer has it's place for us all. Many of you younger guys drink to get drunk no matter the kind of beer, you mostly pick the cheapest you can find. But for those of you who have actually taken the time to smell the beer, look into it and taste it slowly letting it settle on your tongue before you swallow, know beer differently. What beer TASTES the best to you?

So far I've been working my way to tasting every one of Sam Adams 20+ beer choices. Of those my favorite is probably Cream Stout, but I'm still trying them all.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: The Best Tasting Beer?

It truly depends on the situation with me--summertime calls for weizens, alts, light belgian beers and good German or German style lagers; fall calls for pumpkin (of course) and cranberry (if I can find it that is), along with English browns (Black Dog Ale is one of my all time favorites); winter's selection will be of a higher alcohol content--Wheatwine, Barleywine, Imperial Stouts, etc.

Springtime, however, is my personal favorite--Scottish Heather Ale, Black & Tans, any good stout that isn't too high in alcohol content, Traquair House Ale ($5 for a 7 oz nip, but OMG is it worth it), and Irish Reds rule the house here.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Bundaberg Ginger Beer (Non-Alcoholic)
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Official Wallabies Supporter Pointy_Stick's Avatar

Crenn, you are awesome (I'm from Bundy)

Edit: Favourite beer is Carlton Midstrength. Can't ever go wrong with a Mid
    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3152/siguf0.jpg

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Sam Adams Boston lager for me. Though I do like a pint of Guiness every now and then. When I need to go cheaper I go with Michelob. Not the Ultra, regular. Can't stand the Ultra. tastes like water.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

It's not "Keystone Light" I'll tell you that much! uck! So much for my first beer experience.

Does all beer taste so awful? I'm afraid to try any more. lol

I've heard "Arrogant Bastard" is supposed to be pretty good. My father and uncle drink "Henry Weinhart", not sure if thats any good either, but they seem to prefer it time after time again.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    It's not "Keystone Light" I'll tell you that much! uck! So much for my first beer experience.

Does all beer taste so awful? I'm afraid to try any more. lol
    LMAO! My first beer tasting experience was about the same.

Occasionally, I like a Big Rock honey brown. I enjoy going to the local beer store and picking a few random selections of beers that I haven't tried before. Of course, I also have a favorite for when I'm drinking with a purpose.
    My goal in life is to earn enough money to enjoy the lifestyle that my wife and kids do.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Beez Neez is pretty good.

Also cutting the flem on a Carlton Draught isn't half bad either.
    Need a sig

I like beers that have some body and strength.
    Currently I have a case of Anchor Steam in the fridge, next to the keg of Blackthorne.

For a lighter beer, Stella Artois has a great flavor and goes down easy on a hot day.
    For a regular beer, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is good. (I took a Keg of this to my friends 50th birthday party on Saturday)
    When I want more of a meal, I drink Guinness, or for a lighter dark beer an Oatmeal stout.

...and yes Arrogant Bastard Ale is a good one but I really don't care for HW...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I like 1664 lager I hate fosters the most makes me feel sick.

CAN YOU WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbcs